Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar - did he bottle it?!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
OG has praised the club and virtually everyone at the Amex including Barber and Bloom so - after a half decent season - why on earth should he move on unless he can't hack it in the Championship?!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Maybe he thought the ceiling was a bit low and is now nursing a heaache

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Believed that we would have back next season because of budget constraints?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
OG has praised the club and virtually everyone at the Amex including Barber and Bloom so - after a half decent season - why on earth should he move on unless he can't hack it in the Championship?!

The club stating ambitions they don`t realy have , proven by lack of funds available for a squad capable of promotion

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Did the same thing last year at Tel Aviv.
Family issues reportedly then and maybe now? No surprise if he suddenly turns out to have a job lined up in Spain.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
The club stating ambitions they don`t realy have , proven by lack of funds available for a squad capable of promotion

This. I'm sure I read a while ago on here, his budget he actually had was a lot different to what was mentioned and discussed when he was interviewed....

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Did the same thing last year at Tel Aviv.
Family issues reportedly then and maybe now? No surprise if he suddenly turns out to have a job lined up in Spain.

Think it maybe this. Family seemed happy here but its not Spain. The way Spanish clubs go through managers there must be a role or 2 coming up there for him

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
OG made a sound decision. Why persevere after inheriting a slow, ageing and injured squad, when it is open knowledge that there will be a further tightening of financial belts as this club do 'the right thing' and comply with FFP, and when many Albion fans slag you and NJ off blaming all squad/team failings on you?
It really is not worth it.

Jan 30, 2008
WELL MATE ,THAT'S WHERE WE'RE GOING TO BE PLAYING FOR A FEW MORE SEASONS SO I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT HE MIGHT HAVE FELT COMFORTABLE WITH THAT SITUATION , over expectations have probably sent him on his way ???
regards
DR

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Probably read NSC and thought sod that I want to manage where I am actually appreciated by the fans, instead of being slagged off every day by the usual suspects having a moan up.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
There are rumoured to be huge changes on the horizon at Barcelona!!

Still wound't be surprised if he went as Luis Enriques no 2 ready to take over when the inevitable burn out happens

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Oscar is a decent bloke and was hardly going to shout his mouth off the Poyet way,but he was obviously fed up with trying to acheive the impossible with his hands tied behind his back.No he did not bottle it he would have stayed if the club realy had ambition for promotion, which they obviously don`t

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here