Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a drum don't we?

Should we have a drummer at the Amex?

• Yes lets give it a try but make it subtle and sort out the songs.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 112 65.5%

• Total voters

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
As there a few people on NSC tonight I thought I would bring up the drum issue again.

Up to now I have been resolutely opposed to having a drum anywhere near the Amex, 'tinpot', 'scummers have one' etc etc

But I have changed my mind. We have now started to accept that the scummers have created a tremendous atmosphere. The atmosphere at Derby was driven by the drum which helped the whole crowd to get into a song as one. At the Amex someone somewhere starts a song and they have finished it by the time it has rippled round half the stadium. Are we the tinpot club now?

Yes it would need to be done properly, and with a decent range of quality and preferably unique songs.

But now the time has come. Let's make the Amex a cauldron.

Appreciate there will be a big debate on this, but surely the tide is turning.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
YES... we NEED a DRUM, the words to GOSBTS on the screens and TOM HARK if/when we score.

It will be AWESOME.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Manager, we need a manager.

Walk -> run.

No, this is where we are going wrong.

Drum first, worry about a manager in the autumn.

Might work?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Yes to words to Sussex by the sea on the screen.

Open minded about a drum. It could work or it could be awful. Worth a trial I guess

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
As there a few people on NSC tonight I thought I would bring up the drum issue again.

Up to now I have been resolutely opposed to having a drum anywhere near the Amex, 'tinpot', 'scummers have one' etc etc

But I have changed my mind. We have now started to accept that the scummers have created a tremendous atmosphere. The atmosphere at Derby was driven by the drum which helped the whole crowd to get into a song as one. At the Amex someone somewhere starts a song and they have finished it by the time it has rippled round half the stadium. Are we the tinpot club now?

Yes it would need to be done properly, and with a decent range of quality and preferably unique songs.

But now the time has come. Let's make the Amex a cauldron.

Appreciate there will be a big debate on this, but surely the tide is turning.

i don't personally care one way or the other, Atmosphere by Derby fans was superb and yes i could hear their drum, but it wasnt obtrusive, it was fairly quiet, but just loud enough to keep them all on time for long periods. it definitely worked.

if anyone thinks a drum is really good idea, i doubt you will find anywhere near 100% concensus on here, all walks of life and ages, different stands and ideas of whats good and whats not...... if you feel so strongly, contact the club get a few people together and just do it where they let you..... it will either take off or you'll be hounded into submission :)

FWIW Leicester drummer (who seems to make it all about him) is shit

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
YES... we NEED a DRUM, the words to GOSBTS on the screens and TOM HARK if/when we score.

It will be AWESOME.

not sure if youre being ironic??

could live with the drum as it has an atmospheric purpose. but goal music, is SHIT end of, it ruins goal celebrations for the fans going nuts, and is 100% Mickey Mouse

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Urm - I'm quite sure they didn't have a drum, they just banged loudly on the back of the stand.
(Which I then did for the last five minuets and proceeded to break my little finger!)

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Urm - I'm quite sure they didn't have a drum, they just banged loudly on the back of the stand.
(Which I then did for the last five minuets and proceeded to break my little finger!)

they did bang on sides as well which sounded much loader, but there was a drum........ it was subtle

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
i don't personally care one way or the other, Atmosphere by Derby fans was superb and yes i could here their drum, but it wasnt obtrusive, it was fairly quiet, but just loud enough to keep them all on time for long periods. it definitely worked.

if anyone thinks a drum is really good idea, i doubt you will find anywhere near 100% concensus on here, all walks of life and ages, different stands and ideas of whats good and whats not...... if you feel so strongly, contact the club get a few people together and just do it where they let you..... it will either take off or you'll be hounded into submission :)

FWIW Leicester drummer (who seems to make it all about him) is shit

I agree the Derby drum wasn't intrusive and and all the better for it

As to whether 100% of people would be in favour , that would never happen . But 100% of their fans were singing along.....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A drum would come in handy for GOSBTS , the fans wouldn't need to mumble the words or replace them with der der der der der der der.

There are VERY few things that we are superior to Palace in lately, but this is one.

We DO NOT have a drum.
We DO NOT have goal music
We DO NOT have call and return goal scorer tannoy screaming man.

Edit:

Actually that's three, I'm feeling better already.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I haven't got a problem with a drum but the problem is fans objecting to it because Palace use one. Doesn't matter that loads of other clubs use one, it's just because Palace do.

It's the same as the Saint Pauli "We love you" song, because Palace sing it, we don't, even though it's not their song and every club up and down the land sings it.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
No drum
No goal music
No clackers
No cardboard displays
No words on screen
No Ultras
No birds of prey
No cladding
No German songs

We are a football club not a bloody circus

I personally would stop going after 50 years if we ever did these.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here