Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Board has to be questioned

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has a club ever hit the play offs, 2 seasons running and still lost their manager through resignation or sacked?

I've said this a few times over the last 24 hours, but surely the board need to be questioned over what is going so wrong? Are we taking FFP so seriously? Are our budgets wrong, or structured incorrectly?

Are we too business like and not football focussed enough? With the amount of season ticket holders we have (and keep saying how amazing that we have that many) and our attendances, we shouldn't be in this position.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd certainly like to know what's going on, but I doubt we'll be told.

If it's because our budget isn't big enough, then fair enough. I wouldn't be demanding the chairman spend more money, I'm grateful for what we have. But you'd think Oscar knew about our budget when he joined. I am totally lost as to why he's left.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd certainly like to know what's going on, but I doubt we'll be told.

If it's because our budget isn't big enough, then fair enough. I wouldn't be demanding the chairman spend more money, I'm grateful for what we have. But you'd think Oscar knew about our budget when he joined. I am totally lost as to why he's left.

Quite. I'm not convinced by the budget argument. Gus had sufficient money to get us promoted; it wasn't the budget that lost us the play-offs. Equally it wasn't the budget that lost him the few extra points needed for automatic promotion. More his inability to get that little bit of extra value from the squad. And this season Oscar certainly new his budget before he signed.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Quite. I'm not convinced by the budget argument. Gus had sufficient money to get us promoted; it wasn't the budget that lost us the play-offs. Equally it wasn't the budget that lost him the few extra points needed for automatic promotion. More his inability to get that little bit of extra value from the squad. And this season Oscar certainly new his budget before he signed.

Oscar says in his open letter, he doesn't have anything else lined up, he just feels its right time to move on......... WTF, serious alarm bells

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Oscar says in his open letter, he doesn't have anything else lined up, he just feels its right time to move on......... WTF, serious alarm bells

The only thing I would say, is that he's hardly going to come out now and say "This really tempting offer from Spain has turned my head a bit" is he...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And depending if you believe the club or not, apparently Oscar had bigger budget than Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here