Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank You Oscar Garcia

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Ok it hasn't turned out how the Club, fans or Oscar would have wished but the guy has done very well to get us to 6th place and the play offs.

Yesterday was disappointing but looking at the bigger picture Oscar did not enjoy the same budget as Poyet, it is not his fault that we are committed to FFP, that key players were sold on (I suspect that Bridcutt in particular was always going to move on, having had his head turned), we did not secure the signings we sought and above all he had to contend with a horrendous injury list. Maybe he might have played a tad too conservatively for most fans likings, but we did not implode either, as some on NSC predicted.

I guess the other curious question is why we never saw any decent fresh Spanish talent arrive, given Oscar's background and impeccable contacts, and of course this might be one factor in his departure. I wonder if this will now be the end of the Spanish influence for a while?

A big plus is that he was not afraid to blood youngsters and we now have two fine players in March and Ince who will surely be part of the future. It is a pity that he will not get to have an influence over the new training academy, which seemed to be one of the potential benefits of appointing him.

I wish Oscar well and will watch his career with interest. The King is dead, long live the (new) King. Time to move on and support the new guy.

I still give some credit to Tony Bloom for taking a punt on Oscar and not doing the more obvious thing having had his fingers burnt by Poyet. It will be very interesting to see who Tony opts for next, maybe he will be a bit more pragmatic with his appointment of head coach?:albion2::bhasign::)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm disappointed that Oscar hasn't seen out his contract, given all the constraints he has had to contend with. I had hoped he would want to show what he could achieve in the second season when circumstances might have been more favourable. However I refuse to condemn him until know what has gone on behind the scenes.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Pleased he has gone, but disappointed it never worked out.

When Poyet got the sack, I was over the moon, and although I have wanted Oscar gone for a good few months, I am actually a bit gutted it never worked out.

I feel we now need to go for an established manager, who will play a style of football suited to the squad.

For the first time in 6 months, I am looking forward to going to watch the Albion

Best of luck Oscar, and thanks for your efforts.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Really gutted to see him go.He's a very cool-headed humble guy and done his best with what he had to work with.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Thanks to Oscar. A principled man.

But we still dont know whats wrong at our club.

The club have said he had a bigger playing budget than Gus. Nice guy, but lacking in a number of areas, lacking in knowledge of the league, tactically inflexible, inability to persuade Barber and co to make investments in new signings, uncharismatic, dull football combining the worst bit of Gus's defensiveness with the worst bit of old style Brit hit-and-hope long balls to centre-forward, and just generally incapable of inspiring the players and fans to believe promotion was possible this season.

But yeh thanks

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As per other thread, best of luck and thank you to Oscar !

Decent man, and actually my favourite albion manager of them all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I don't care what the revisionists are going to say:-

I THOUGHT YOU WERE A BLOODY BRILLIANT BRIGHTON MANAGER.

He took everything that a pretty crap season can throw at a manager, and dealt with the lot.
Not only dealing with it but turning it around into a play off season.

I genuinely can't think of a manager who could have done that, while carrying an air of decency, composure and steely determination.

Please don't sully your time here by rockin up at Leeds just because they offered you more cash, I still think you are better than that.

The Stat's are going to miss you, all the best for the future.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I feel pretty sad at the news.

He always conducted himself with the utmost dignity and after the farce that was last season with Gus, it was a refreshing change to have a guy who showed everyone a bit of respect and didn't gob off to the press at every opportunity.

I wish him well in the future.

Soggy

Mar 22, 2013
Looks like history repeating itself! I think the majority of fans wanted him to stay but I suspect he feels he has done the best he can with the budget he was given. Where next??
Thanks for the ride Oscar and good luck mate.

David Moyes is still available...................!!!!:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really gutted to see him go.He's a very cool-headed humble guy and done his best with what he had to work with.
Same. I'm really very unhappy he's gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here