Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for the club's senior management to look at themselves?

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
And maybe ask how they've managed to lose another manager in strange circumstances? Perhaps this time we lowly customers might get a bit more of an explanation than we did last time. And finally, who is going to want to take the job on if getting into the play-offs means you're not likely to be in the job the following season?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
And maybe ask how they've managed to lose another manager in strange circumstances? Perhaps this time we lowly customers might get a bit more of an explanation than we did last time. And finally, who is going to want to take the job on if getting into the play-offs means you're not likely to be in the job the following season?

you won't get any answer

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My best guess is that Garcia was unhappy at the background set up. I did not expect this and have respect for the guy for making this decision.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Why strange circumstances ?

He wants to leave so he has left, not sure why there always has to be a scapegoat or that the club are at fault.

Could be simply that he has a better offer and wants to move on, no great drama and everyone just moves on.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just unbelievable for the players and the fans. For the second year we have committed ourselves to season tickets for the following season only to be told that the manager has gone, so we don't know what we are getting for our money. It is outrageous and I agree that the club hierarchy needs to sort itself out. OG seems to have been quite diplomatic in his statement of support for his bosses, perhaps this was a condition of them letting him go.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why strange circumstances ?

He wants to leave so he has left, not sure why there always has to be a scapegoat or that the club are at fault.

Could be simply that he has a better offer and wants to move on, no great drama and everyone just moves on.

He has said he hasn't got any plans. Read his open letter to the fans.

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
Clearly something behind the scenes is not right. Very poor show to sack a chap who has not had a full opportunity to make the team his own. Vincent Tan step aside.....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You're probably right but it's a question that needs to be asked.

I asked lots of questions last year
got slated on here
never got an answer
there is definitely something wrong with the set up
one manager who to put it politely was a lovable bigmouth
now one very quiet one but still likable
both gone
sort it out please
and stop smiling there is nothing to smile about you are once again making us a laughing stock

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Clearly something behind the scenes is not right. Very poor show to sack a chap who has not had a full opportunity to make the team his own. Vincent Tan step aside.....

Except we have not sacked him have we he resigned out if choice

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
never mind you will gets some clackers next season FFS

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Just unbelievable for the players and the fans. For the second year we have committed ourselves to season tickets for the following season only to be told that the manager has gone, so we don't know what we are getting for our money. It is outrageous and I agree that the club hierarchy needs to sort itself out. OG seems to have been quite diplomatic in his statement of support for his bosses, perhaps this was a condition of them letting him go.

I don't know about everyone else here, but I bought my season ticket based on wanting to support my local football club.
Whoever the manager, whatever the division, it is still my local club - so I'll get exactly what I paid for.
(Of course, that's not to say that there aren't thrills and disappointments around that.)

Gus

Nov 1, 2010
Brighton
I bumped into an ex player today who was hugely scathing of Burke and Barber. Burke in particular, he didn't have a single decent thing to say about them. It is only his opinion of course but he made it quite clear that many people at the club think these two are ruining what should be a brilliant place to work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here