Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the f**k is going on at this club??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No light shed on the real reasons why Oscar has left.

So 1-year into a 3 year contract, general consensus is that play-offs in Yr 1 was a good outcome given the hand we were dealt, so WTF??

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maybe Garcia was not happy and fell on his Sword. Respect for his stance.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Looks to me like it is a combination of expectations (of the Board) being too high for the money available to build a squad, when up against teams who are spending far more. Albeit they are flouting FFP, but all the time they are, it looks like Oscar feels we cannot move forward.

If he felt things were heading in an upward direction, why would he look to break his contract.

Very much the conclusion Gus reached. The difference is that Oscar has been prepared to walk, and kept his opinions to himself far more. But it looks to me, like two managers running feel they can't take us any further forward.

We have to hope and pray that the authorities are able to deliver the proper punishments for FFP.

Dec 29, 2011
This is where Bloom shows his worth as a chairman and ambition as a business man. Clearly there is some friction behind the scenes, probably between the board and the manager. Bloom needs to eliminate the problem, whether it be the director of football, the CEO or whoever.

We've had two managers with polar opposite personalities, but both have left under the same circumstances for (assumably) the same reasons. Hiring another manager won't work if we don't change what's going on behind the scenes, as they'll run into the same problems as Gus + Oscar.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see Pepe Mel has also got the bullet and Malky Mackay is bookies favourite to take over there.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
started to like the bloke
asked this same question this time last year
the annual **** up
and for ****s sake sort it out before I expire

EDIT

Gus not looking the prat some thought eh!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe Oscar realised that the gulf between how Derby play and how we play is too wide to bridge given the playing budget available to him.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Oscar Wilde in The Importance of Being Earnest

"To lose one manager may be regarded as misfortune, to lose two looks like carelessness"

Almost anyway.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
No light shed on the real reasons why Oscar has left.

A real explanation as to why Poyet left would be nice while they're at it *runs away quickly*

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Oscar has acted with dignity, the open letter is a nice gesture and the words are kind. I don't think he's likely to expand on why he's left.

The club need to make a proper statement about the nature of the reasons behind Oscar's departure. I don't care if they've lined up Pep Guardiola or Mourinho to take over, there is clearly a major problem involving money or recruitment, it has cost us two decent managers in the last year and will continue to be a problem for the new incumbent.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
might be as simple as he has got another offer
with regard to budgets
at least with FFP a new manager will know where they stand

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
might be as simple as he has got another offer
with regard to budgets
at least with FFP a new manager will know where they stand

Do you think we would accept his resignation if that was the case? Doubt it myself

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here