Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lyrics to Sussex By The Sea

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Do you think it would help if they were displayed on the Screens before kickoff ,to help everyone sing . Can appreciate a few of our younger supporters (and older ones ) not knowing the words and perhaps get a better atmosphere at home games , can also appreciate the cringe factor .

Discuss

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If done well it could be good. I thought the Derby effort was good yesterday.

Don't see how it improves the atmosphere though, only good attacking football will do that, as has always been the case with our home crowds.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Isn't the problem always the speed at which it's sung? If we could somehow get a slowed-down version belting out it would be fantastic.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Yes and at the correct speed.

It gets quicker and quicker every year and you now cant even depict the words the crowd are singing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I won't feel like such a mentalist singing the whole lot whist everyone else is clapping, it may have the knock on effect of having it sung at the correct speed as well.

A yes from me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be honest, its the CLAPPING which fcks up GOSBTS. People want to clap the players as they emerge, but the clapping forces the fast singing.

Don't clap. SING. Then when the verse is finished :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Isn't the problem always the speed at which it's sung? If we could somehow get a slowed-down version belting out it would be fantastic.

It gets quicker and quicker every year and you now cant even depict the words the crowd are singing.

Wouldnt the words being displayed dictate the pace of the song ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Wouldnt the words being displayed dictate the pace of the song ?

They could have a karaoke-style bouncing ball along the top of the lyrics

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
To be honest, its the CLAPPING which fcks up GOSBTS. People want to clap the players as they emerge, but the clapping forces the fast singing.

Or play GOSBTS so that it finishes just before the players emerge?

And it's a YES from me to have the words on the big screens.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

The only way to sort that is sing the song AFTER the players have come out, as they did at Derby yesterday. It could work but would go against the traditional use of the tune to welcome the players to the pitch.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Could and should sound fantastic. Biggest problem i can see is a lot of people know just the Chorus for some reason and also a lot of people seem to want to rush through it. Should be sung with pride and power and bellowed out slow and loud

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
I won't feel like such a mentalist singing the whole lot whist everyone else is clapping, it may have the knock on effect of having it sung at the correct speed as well.

A yes from me.

My daughter and I Always sing the first verse & chorus as well while everyone else just claps along.

A Big Yes from new too.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Stupid question - police box have a newish Sussex By the Sea chant - anyone know the lyrics for this because it actually sounds pretty good!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My daughter and I Always sing the first verse & chorus as well while everyone else just claps along.

A Big Yes from new too.
Right this is it then the Amex choir!

We need to gather like minded individuals together in a section of the stadium and belt it out. Forget your bloody ultras, we'll have our choir!

:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Yes, lets have "Now let your hearts be gay" appear on the big screen, I'm sure the away fans will have nothing to say about that!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes, lets have "Now let your hearts be gay" appear on the big screen, I'm sure the away fans will have nothing to say about that!

:safeway: It would be comedy gold to raise one of these fellas next to the bouncing ball at the right time. But possibly not as pc as we are supposed to be.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
During the summer, when not much else is happening(ahem), as a bit of homework, all those who don't know the words(you know who you are), could learn them, ready for the new term, err, I mean season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here