Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester and Pearson

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I wonder if their forum was full of the same level of bedwetting and Manager slating this time last year as they'd just blown promotion for the second year running despite significant investment? Sometimes a steady approach and some managerial consistency can work wonders.....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if their forum was full of the same level of bedwetting and Manager slating this time last year as they'd just blown promotion for the second year running despite significant investment? Sometimes a steady approach and some managerial consistency can work wonders.....

They also grabbed the final play off spot with an injury time goal...against Nottingham Forest...at the City Ground.

I'll take that omen :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So where does Oscar offering to resign fit into your thinking?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

There's no room for sanity here Dan!! Everybody Out!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've not seen much bedwetting or manager slating (other than the "funny" threads from Ernest and the permenantly miserables that are always around).

In fact most of the discussion has now focused on the rumoured resignation of Oscar and what the underlying issues may be. Did Pearson offer his resignation last year? If so, I imagine a lot of similar discussions were had on the Leicester forum.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I agree with this, but Pearson didn't offer his resignation within 2 hours of the final whistle did he? He tweaked his play off acheiving squad, to win the league next year. We've ended up with a deserter

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
having had this conversation with a Leicester fan this morning, i can report that it was. they are generally not fans of Pearson an i'd expect him hout by end of Sept if they have a poor (even average) start.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I know for a fact it was. Most of their fans wanted Pearson gone.

This. Most were extremely unhappy, especially after the investment the owners put in. A few still aren't convinced by him, despite him winning League 1 with them, and dominating the league this year. It's like NSC doesn't realise every team has fickle fans and bedwetters.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Leicester played great football that season and were unlucky.

Not sure where the bed wetting is? Manger wants to resign, some say let him, some say try and keep him.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So where does Oscar offering to resign fit into your thinking?

Who knows what's going on there? Maybe he wants to give TB the option to back him or let him go, or maybe he's just saying he needs some more control to get the job done in a far more dignified manner than his predecessor, or maybe its not as its been reported at all? My point is that plenty on here are caning the guy for failing after his first ever season in the country, after inheriting a shocking pre season debacle, despite getting us in the play offs again, and with some proper planning he could just transform us into a top two side.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I wonder if their forum was full of the same level of bedwetting and Manager slating

No, a much higher level thereof. According to the current poll 69% want OG to stay. It'd have been hard to find a Leicester fan not in favour of a change.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Leicester played great football that season and were unlucky.

Not sure where the bed wetting is? Manger wants to resign, some say let him, some say try and keep him.

I've clearly seen you say you're not happy with him priot to the resignation story.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who knows what's going on there? Maybe he wants to give TB the option to back him or let him go, or maybe he's just saying he needs some more control to get the job done in a far more dignified manner than his predecessor, or maybe its not as its been reported at all? My point is that plenty on here are caning the guy for failing after his first ever season in the country, after inheriting a shocking pre season debacle, despite getting us in the play offs again, and with some proper planning he could just transform us into a top two side.

Defeat in the play-offs we can take but if there was one thing guaranteed to upset the fans it was an offer of resignation from Oscar. After what happened last year I wish he'd have kept that for a private meeting with Tony Bloom behind closed doors at today's debrief.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know for a fact it was. Most of their fans wanted Pearson gone.
I was talking to one of their season ticket holders (and ex-player) before we beat them 4-1, I asked whether he was glad they kept Pearson. He said he was and it was only the 'tossers' who wanted him gone.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I was talking to one of their season ticket holders (and ex-player) before we beat them 4-1, I asked whether he was glad they kept Pearson. He said he was and it was only the 'tossers' who wanted him gone.

To be fair it's easy to say that with hindsight but on their forum I seem to recall at least 80% of them wanted them gone. Maybe their forum is full of idiots but even on here after playoff disappointment a majority are still behind Oscar if he does stay.

But not always. The problem has been the backwards monentum of the good squad of players left to Oscar by Gus.

While disappointed by their exit from the play-offs, supporters of Pearson could claim he improved the team from mid-table to the play-offs last season and deserved to show he could continue that upwards momentum.

My problem is that Brighton in the second half of the 2012-13 were the best performing team in the Championship by points gained. The backwards monentum under Oscar is therefore significant and the worry is that will continue if we give him more time.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
. The backwards monentum under Oscar is therefore significant and the worry is that will continue if we give him more time.

The backwards momentum that saw us hit the play offs on the final day of the season? With a squad that through injury and transfers was considerably weaker than that afforded to his predecessor? You may not have enjoyed the football as much but I don't get your argument at all.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The problem has been the backwards monentum of the good squad of players left to Oscar by Gus....My problem is that Brighton in the second half of the 2012-13 were the best performing team in the Championship by points gained. The backwards monentum under Oscar is therefore significant and the worry is that will continue if we give him more time.

2012/13 we managed 75 points
2013/14 we managed 72 points

Form guide for 2012/13 for last 6 and 10 games:

2u54bwo.png

Compared to form guide for 2013/14 for last 6 and 10 games:

1qh1k5.png

The overall statistics and run-in form guide suggests that Gus's last year and Oscar's first are pretty much identical except for 1 more win in the last 10 games for Gus. Now...if you're now saying that is backwards momentum then you are judging Oscar harshly.

And bear in mind this was not Oscar's team and it was his first season in charge. Not too shabby compared to Gus's record, in my opinion. By all means criticise the style of play but claiming that there's backwards momentum? Nah, not having that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here