Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Brighton

DCFC1884

May 12, 2014
As a Derby fan who attended both legs, i'd like to thank Brighton and more importantly the fans for 2 brilliant and friendly legs of football.

Not only is The Amex the best ground in the championship, the fans are very good and made us all feel very welcome.

Good luck for next season and if we don't go up i look forward to coming back.

Up The Rams

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good luck [MENTION=29450]DCFC1884[/MENTION] You thoroughly deserved to be victorious and I hope you win the final.

all the Derby fans I met yesterday around the ground were sound supporters and were knowledgeable about football. Plus, you generated a brilliant atmosphere yesterday, something I wish we could be more often at home.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I have two words for you my friend.

TWO WORDS.

Well played.

DCFC1884

May 12, 2014
You have everything in place to be a premier league club. We have had 7 years of nothing football to get to this point. You reap what you sow and you are doing it the right way.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
You have everything in place to be a premier league club. We have had 7 years of nothing football to get to this point. You reap what you sow and you are doing it the right way.

Has it been a steady progression towards this point for you, or has everything just gone REALLY well this season?

I'm genuinely interested to know if you think you'd replicate the success of this season in the Championship if you WEREN'T to go up this year?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I hope Derby do stay down (sorry). With Donny disappearing back to League 1, we've lost any form of unity with another club and the love-in on NSC between Derby & us has been genuinely heart-warming against the backdrop of utter knobheads from other clubs.
So, it'd be nice to have a club in our league who we didn't despise!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I think an awful lot of us want Derby to go up this year, not just to stuff the big spending moneybags at QPR (as I can't see Wigan beating them tonight), but because they've played the better football over the 2 legs without paying ridiculous transfer fees, and had a really good season.

DCFC1884

May 12, 2014
It's been pretty much 6 years of average championship football with the odd good spell. Clough this season put a good young side together (more by luck than judgement in some respects) and McClaren has done wonders with it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think an awful lot of us want Derby to go up this year, not just to stuff the big spending moneybags at QPR (as I can't see Wigan beating them tonight), but because they've played the better football over the 2 legs without paying ridiculous transfer fees, and had a really good season.

And were also very good to watch. I didn't expect that of a Steve McClaren team to be honest.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
And were also very good to watch. I didn't expect that of a Steve McClaren team to be honest.

Agree with that, Edna. When his name was bandied about last year as a possible down here, I have to admit I shuddered. But all credit to him for what he's done at Derby.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
My respect for Derby has grown massively. The fans certainly have class and also clapped us at the end, also have had no bad comments from Derby fans at all with all wishing us well next season. The atmosphere yesterday was incredible, the loudest at a game I have been at for a very long time.

Good club with a good fanbase which plays good football. McClaren has done a fantastic job without a doubt and hopefully that can end with Derby going up as they certainly deserve to. Would rather see Derby go up than FFP-lovers QPR and 8 fan Wigan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here