World Cup. England 23 announced

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
y3emury2.jpg
what do you think of the squad?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Smalling, Jones and Welbeck make me shudder at world cup finals level, but other than that not a bad squad.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The defence is WOEFUL, IMHO. Smalling and Jones, in particular.

We have a decent amount of options in midfield - a good blend of youth and experience.

Surely Welbeck isn't the fourth best English striker?! His goal scoring record is ABYSMAL.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

We have a decent amount of options in midfield - a good blend of youth and experience.

Surely Welbeck isn't the fourth best English striker?! His goal scoring record is ABYSMAL.

Who else would be a candidate? Dwight Gayle? :D

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Profitable, anyway. Backed both Henderson and Lallana at evens a good while back, they both came right in after that.

Agree defence looks vulnerable against the best. And that is what they will get against Uruguay and others.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand

I'd take Defoe ahead of Welbeck. Experienced and a natural finisher.

I would GENUINELY rather see Glenn Murray in there than Welbeck or Lambert.

Smalling, Jones and Welbeck make me shudder at world cup finals level, but other than that not a bad squad.

Shame smalling and jones are there. Rest are decent / okay.

The I hate Man Utd crew are out in force today!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would GENUINELY rather see Glenn Murray in there than Welbeck or Lambert.

I don't think even Palace fans would be pushing Murray's chances this season. Since he's been back, he's mostly been on the bench.

Doesn't mean he's not a good player (clearly he is), but I'll be surprised if he features in Pulis's first choice XI much next season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

9 goals from 25 games coming off the wing is hardly "abysmal". between them, Sturridge and Welbeck will stretch defenses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here