Johnson, Cahill, Jags, Smalling, Baines, Shaw
Gerrard, Wilshere, Henderson, Lampard, Milner, Barkley, Lallana, Sterling, Ox
Rooney, Lambert, Sturridge, Welbeck

Wilshere? Ox? Lampard? Milner? Having a laugh Woy

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Is that confirmed?

I've always thought we seem to take too many midfielders in these squads, there's nine in that list, and only four attackers. It only takes two injuries to attackers to put us in a bit of trouble. We'd need five injuries for the same to happen in midfield.

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
Believe so.

I agree. I would rather have had Carroll over Ox as a different option. Too similar average players in that dept. And Wilshere is another Rooney '06 - there based on rep. When did he last play 90mins??

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Presumably you've missed a defender out, otherwise Smalling is reserve right-back and only back-up centre-back

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Having a laugh about Milner?

Decent player.

It is odd. Won two PL medals, probably their best player on the pitch against Bayern this season, can play in a variety of positions (i'd have him over any other right-backs if Johnson get's injured)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It isn't announced until 2pm!

Not officially no, but SkySports and pretty much all the mainstream football journalists have been giving it away all day.

Think Frank Lampard is a very lucky boy if he gets in.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Is that confirmed?

I've always thought we seem to take too many midfielders in these squads, there's nine in that list, and only four attackers. It only takes two injuries to attackers to put us in a bit of trouble. We'd need five injuries for the same to happen in midfield.

BUt that's a bit of a simplification. We don't really play 4-4-2, of a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3ish. If three strikers were injured, we could still play Sterling, Lallana, Milner, Barkley, Ox, Wilshere up with them

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd take Defoe all day long. Don't care what league he is playing in, would much rather see him coming off the bench with 20 to go and us needing a goal than Lambert or Welbeck.

He's been so unlucky with England, could have been a real national team goal-scoring great.

Should be five strikers, but doubt it will be.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Not officially no, but SkySports and pretty much all the mainstream football journalists have been giving it away all day.

Think Frank Lampard is a very lucky boy if he gets in.

He's fit and has played well this season and scores goals. Wilshere isn't really fit and has been poor when he has played this year.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Henderson's had- surprisingly- an excellent season for Liverpool. When you look at the younger players in that midfield, it does at least offer some hope for future tournaments, if not this one. Any combination of Henderson, Barkley, Lallana, Sterling & Wilshere could be worth watching (assuming Wilshere is ever fit).

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
When we are playing for these 1-0s it would be good to have Carroll come on at 70mins for something different. Cause confusion if nothing else.

So many like for like midfielders who don't cross for clubs and have nobody to cross to for England

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I wouldn't have Wilshere anywhere near the squad - injured or not. He's been terrible for half the season and the other half he's been injured.

Defoe over Welbeck too.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
When we are playing for these 1-0s it would be good to have Carroll come on at 70mins for something different. Cause confusion if nothing else.

Confusion as to how someone that crap could be picked for his national team I assume you mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here