Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Timing

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Naylor's article indicates that Oscar and Bloom are due to meet and talk today. Let's hope this brings a clear and decisive outcome. We don't want things dragging through the close season.
I would like Oscar to be here for a long time, but if he and Bloom have very different visions for the club, then it's best that there's a quick severance.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Stay or go not overly bothered. Before he moans to Bloom about what he didn't have (funds, transfers, etc) they need to discuss why he didn't make better use of what he did have (cautious use of attacking players, poor set piece repertoire, etc).

Either way, I just hope everything is resolved very quickly.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Stay or go not overly bothered. Before he moans to Bloom about what he didn't have (funds, transfers, etc) they need to discuss why he didn't make better use of what he did have (cautious use of attacking players, poor set piece repertoire, etc).

This :thumbsup:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
So far today I have searched "Oscar Garcia" on Google news 1,327 times. The news has not changed.

I know I should be more patient but limbo disagrees with me. Agreed with all posters so far. A rapid resolution would be appreciated this year.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

To get 6th place I think he made the best use of the squad available.

It is also not down to him the lack of judgement shown by players on set pieces. Over and under hitting crosses is down to the players and he shouldn't have to teach them how to kick a ball, they are footballers not children. What can he say to them other than I want you to put the ball there, but please don't kick it too hard or too soft.

What pacey attacking players are you talking about?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This is how I hope the conversation will go:

Oscar: I'm unhappy here because I cannot get the players I want and need to get this club promoted.

Tony Bloom: We will increase the budget next season

Paul Barber: No, we need to lower the budget further so it looks good on my CV, sorry, I mean because of FFP.

Tony Bloom: Paul, you're fired, get out of my boardroom. We will also allow you to bring in your own players Oscar.

David Burke: ... but that's my job!

Tony Bloom: Yes David, and you are shit at it, you're also fired, get out of my boardroom.

Nathan Jones doesn't even need to be asked, and also leaves.

:lolol: Joking aside Burke has been the least productive this season in his cosy recruitment office. Although he had got some signings right like Ward, Stephens, Ince and arguably Andrews, he just hasn't recruited enough of them.

Maybe Bloom distanced himself too much from some aspects of running the club and lacked full communication with all of them especially Oscar. It looks like he just left them all to it with Oscar being asked all the questions in interviews as they all hid behind him.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013

Oscar: I'm unhappy here because I cannot get the players I want and need to get this club promoted.

Paul Barber: No, we need to lower the budget further so it looks good on my CV, sorry, I mean because of FFP.

Tony Bloom: Paul, you're fired, get out of my boardroom. We will also allow you to bring in your own players Oscar.

Tony Bloom: Yes David, and you are shit at it, you're also fired, get out of my boardroom.

100000000000% THIS - please let this be true.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
:lolol: Joking aside Burke has been the least productive this season in his cosy recruitment office. Although he had got some signings right like Ward, Stephens, Ince and arguably Andrews, he just hasn't recruited enough of them.

Maybe Bloom distanced himself too much from some aspects of running the club and lacked full communication with all of them especially Oscar. It looks like he just left them all to it with Oscar being asked all the questions in interviews as they all hid behind him.

And maybe not.

Don't you think that Burke may be constrained by how much Barber is willing to allow a player to be paid?

And don't you think that Barber is implementing FFP to Bloom's wishes?

I don't think that TB has a loose grip on the reins at all.

larus

Never keep ANY employee that's wants to leave

Who says he WANTS to leave?
IF he has OFFERED his resignation, that may be because he wants to give the club the chance to choose a new manager and not sack him/pay him off. I don't know what's going on at present, but I never expected to get to the play-offs this season after the debacle of last season, so I hope he's given the chance to build on things through the summer and restructure the squad for next season.

I'm not a "I want it NOW" person like so many appear to be on here.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

In your little fantasy world, the second line should read:-

Tony Bloom: We will increase the budget next season but, as I'm not continually putting my hand into my pocket, seat prices will have to increased between 25-50% to pay for any player purchasing and wage extravagances. Those whining fans acting like spoilt snotty-nosed children can cop it instead, the ungrateful, unrealistic b*ggers.

Then you don't need line 3 onwards of your wet dream.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And maybe not.

Don't you think that Burke may be constrained by how much Barber is willing to allow a player to be paid?

I don't know what is going on but I am surprised that it is only today that they are having a meeting about it as I thought there would have been good communication weeks prior to yesterday's game, even to only discuss the plans for next season.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I don't know what is going on but I am surprised that it is only today that they are having a meeting about it as I thought there would have been good communication weeks prior to yesterday's game, even to only discuss the plans for next season.

Yes, I too imagine that communication would've been good. I also surmise that the timing of the meeting has been governed by our progress (i.e. it would've taken place after Nottingham if we'd lost there and after either Wembley appearance if we'd beaten Derby & then QPR/Wigan) as it would have a rather significant impact on what was being discussed!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
In your little fantasy world, the second line should read:-

Tony Bloom: We will increase the budget next season but, as I'm not continually putting my hand into my pocket, seat prices will have to increased between 25-50% to pay for any player purchasing and wage extravagances. Those whining fans acting like spoilt snotty-nosed children can cop it instead, the ungrateful, unrealistic b*ggers.

Then you don't need line 3 onwards of your wet dream.

And that sums it up perfectly.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
To get 6th place I think he made the best use of the squad available.

It is also not down to him the lack of judgement shown by players on set pieces. Over and under hitting crosses is down to the players and he shouldn't have to teach them how to kick a ball, they are footballers not children. What can he say to them other than I want you to put the ball there, but please don't kick it too hard or too soft.

What pacey attacking players are you talking about?

Didn't use the word pacey mate, you slipped that in.

IMHO he has been cautious in his use of attacking players favouring a patient possession game. Against the poorer opposition (on paper) this made for dour affairs (first halves in particular) and points dropped.

Regarding set pieces, he is a paid coach and along with Jones should have ensured a few stock set piece routines were well rehearsed. We have been devoid of ideas in this area and wasted the patient build up play as a result. There has been an evident uncertainty amongst the players and we've looked a tad amateurish at corners and free kicks (IMHO). The coaching staff should share the culpability for that.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Didn't use the word pacey mate, you slipped that in.

IMHO he has been cautious in his use of attacking players favouring a patient possession game. Against the poorer opposition (on paper) this made for dour affairs (first halves in particular) and points dropped.

Regarding set pieces, he is a paid coach and along with Jones should have ensured a few stock set piece routines were well rehearsed. We have been devoid of ideas in this area and wasted the patient build up play as a result. There has been an evident uncertainty amongst the players and we've looked a tad amateurish at corners and free kicks (IMHO). The coaching staff should share the culpability for that.

I thought pacey and attacking went hand in hand, but if you meant slow attacking players I will retract my “pacey insert”.

I will ask again though; What attacking players are you talking about?

Also you shouldn't need coaching to put the ball where its needed from free kicks and corners.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And maybe not.

If Barber is implementing FFP to Bloom's wishes -- and I think this is exactly what is happening -- then it seems a bit harsh on Barber for him to cop the blame for constraining Burke (and, ultimately, Oscar) on the amount players are to be paid. The situation (FFP, parachute payments, football and its egos, etc) is what it is, so that can be blamed, as could Bloom as he's the one that's making the decisions.
I prefer to blame the situation. If Bloom's going to over-spend (which he has done), then I'd rather he overspent on the infrastructure of the club rather than players' wages (which he has done).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

We can dream. It won't happen, but would be nice if it did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here