Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Someone's put a fiver on him then (to nick the words of someone on the big thread)
Zola looks good value at 20's. The rest make me want to smash my head repeatedly against the wall.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Wouldn't go reading too much into it yet as these markets are small and can swing massively very easily. He is the only candidate that has had their odds have changed overnight however.

Dec 29, 2011
There's very few managers you could suggest right now that'd make me want Garcia to leave. He's got an injury hit and (apparently) unharmonious side into the top 6 in his first season in English football. Give the guy two years in the new training facility and £2.5m a year to spend on transfers, and we'd have a real shot at promotion.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
That is the most uninspiring list ever.

People that maybe able to do a decent job.
1. Roberto Di Matteo - Has got out the Championship before and has an decent pedigree
2. Ryan Giggs - Maybe a punt this one but has been suggested by himself he may look to drop down the leagues do develop as a manager
3. Slaven Bilic - Has a job in Turkey and done a decent job with them.
4. Tim Sherwood - Likely to be gone from Spurs. Young and ambitious - (Personally dislike him a lot but if he did well here i would change my mind)
5. Steve Clarke - Did well really at WBA for a time. Defensively a great coach. Not sure that we would see an improved attack minded football game
6. Eddie Howe - Bournemouth playing well. Seems he has a bigger budget and struggled in the 1 other job he has had.
7. Frank Rijkaard - Had a disaster of a time as a manager in recent years. (Barcelona to giving advice to a Florida high school on player recruitment). Maybe could be tempted back in
8. Michael Appleton - Just because for some reason everyone gives him a job before they realise he is useless.
9. Malkey Mckay - Available and has got out of this division before. Obviously with a big budget
10. Michael Laudrup - Plays good football and is available. Budget bound to be an issue and has a habit of falling out with chairmen. Big ego
11. Ralph Rangnick - Links to Brighton, wanted a job in England last year and has a very good pedigree in German football
Bound to be others as well.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Thank goodness for that.

The early odds-on favourites are NEVER appointed, so I'm pleased with that. Holloway as the next MASSIVE favourite please, then we can relax a bit with those two chumps out of the way.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
11. Ralph Rangnick - Links to Brighton, wanted a job in England last year and has a very good pedigree in German football

If he has sorted out his health issues I'd be happy with that.

#TeamRalf

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
If you look at that list Gus Poyet and Didier Deschamps are both on there at 66/1 - neither of which is going to happen. Neil Lennon is on there at 16s and Tony Pulis at 20s. They've just put a list of all managers in or out of work up

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tim Sherwood would be okay. Not flair, but is respected as one of the best up and coming young coaches.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
That is the most uninspiring list ever.

People that maybe able to do a decent job.
1. Roberto Di Matteo - Has got out the Championship before and has an decent pedigree
2. Ryan Giggs - Maybe a punt this one but has been suggested by himself he may look to drop down the leagues do develop as a manager
3. Slaven Bilic - Has a job in Turkey and done a decent job with them.
4. Tim Sherwood - Likely to be gone from Spurs. Young and ambitious - (Personally dislike him a lot but if he did well here i would change my mind)
5. Steve Clarke - Did well really at WBA for a time. Defensively a great coach. Not sure that we would see an improved attack minded football game
6. Eddie Howe - Bournemouth playing well. Seems he has a bigger budget and struggled in the 1 other job he has had.
7. Frank Rijkaard - Had a disaster of a time as a manager in recent years. (Barcelona to giving advice to a Florida high school on player recruitment). Maybe could be tempted back in
8. Michael Appleton - Just because for some reason everyone gives him a job before they realise he is useless.
9. Malkey Mckay - Available and has got out of this division before. Obviously with a big budget
10. Michael Laudrup - Plays good football and is available. Budget bound to be an issue and has a habit of falling out with chairmen. Big ego

I'd take those if Oscar goes. I wouldn't want to see what happens when you give a small squad and no money to the others. Giggs has managed 3 games.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
[MENTION=4147]shaolinpunk[/MENTION] has form (and profit) on manager predictions. Follow him closely.

By predictions you actually mean I scoured Twitter relentlessly, stumbled across a Spanish journalist mentioning Oscar Garcia being an option, researched it, saw he was a perfect fit, spread the word and a month later he was unveiled as manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here