Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A request to the mods re Oscar

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In an un-mod move, as news breaks re Oscar can it have it's own thread with accurate title.

With the pre-official thread already being massive, I'd hate to miss actual news because it's been moved there.

Not being a reader of the official site, and the fact I'd rather gouge my eyes out than have them go through the pain and suffering of the Argus site, makes NSC my one stop shop re all things Albion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm happy to do that, but last night I seemed to take a bit of flack for doing what you ask.

My post last night is largely the same as Andy Naylor's piece this morning - only he has an obligation to elongate his into a proper article whilst I can be lazy. The reason they are the same is that we both received the same information last night. I'm happy to pass on anything I can when I can because I know how much people want to know about this stuff - it's important to all of us. I certainly don't post for ego-stroking purposes.

And, as i said last night, you can interpret what is written in many ways.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm happy to do that, but last night I seemed to take a bit of flack for doing what you ask.

My post last night is largely the same as Andy Naylor's piece this morning - only he has an obligation to elongate his into a proper article whilst I can be lazy. The reason they are the same is that we both received the same information last night. I'm happy to pass on anything I can when I can because I know how much people want to know about this stuff - it's important to all of us. I certainly don't post for ego-stroking purposes.

when u having a pint with john bumlick :)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

A new thread with any official news is probably a good idea to allow NSC users the ability to keep up with developments as they happen. What you wrote last night was helpful. It's true that it could be interpreted in different ways, but I think most people would understand what (I think) you were saying. Don't worry about the "ego-stroking" comment from one poster; it's pretty obvious that you weren't (and that you don't). It's got to be tough to draw the line about what you can and cannot say if you're the site manager. For most of us, we can post anything we might hear without repercussions. For you, it's very different. I, for one, appreciate any heads up (coded or not) that you feel able to provide. :thumbsup:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Ignore the flak - I agree with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] that once official word comes it's very likely to come from you, so a separate thread would be useful.

Also could you drop me a text or something in case I don't happen to be on NSC at the time?

Cheers

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ignore the flak - I agree with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] that once official word comes it's very likely to come from you, so a separate thread would be useful.

Also could you drop me a text or something in case I don't happen to be on NSC at the time?

Cheers

You're not on the premium NSC SMS service? It's worth the subscription fee, even if I do say so myself.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I trust Bozza implicitly and would re-mortgage my house if he asked me to.

He's a rubbish moderator though :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's because there are a load of twats on here. And people may have been drinking.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I 100% back this suggestion.

I can't just keep refreshing that enormous existing Oscar thread and as has been mentioned above, the alternative options are painful. The official site is horrendous and the Argus not much better. Both offer a terrible user experience, unlike the comfortable pair of old slippers that NSC has become.

I just want to know when anything new comes out re Oscar staying or going, so if this could have its own thread, I'd certainly be among the grateful

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That is absolutely true. Which is why we try to get people on board who are not rubbish.

Sometimes they slip through the net though.

<laughs maniacally>

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also, can we report any nonsense "albion part company with manager...west brom that is" threads to have their titles edited by mods because that "joke" is so very tired and usually so obvious?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You're not on the premium NSC SMS service? It's worth the subscription fee, even if I do say so myself.

It's not as good as the NSC late night video streaming premium service though. However you do get ten minutes free action from the bedrooms of the mods but after that it's £9.99 a month for the full works.

I won't reveal who, but I was watching it once and was CONVINCED that it was Shergar in the picture.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It's not as good as the NSC late night video streaming premium service though. However you do get ten minutes free action from the bedrooms of the mods but after that it's £9.99 a month for the full works.

I won't reveal who, but I was watching it once and was CONVINCED that it was Shergar in the picture.

Selfie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here