Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things we can learn from The Derby

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
1. The Derby are the best team we have played four times this season.
2. Will Hughes is an albino pain in the arse.
3. The Derby fans are actually 'OK'.
4. Steve McLaren has funny hair and used to be a laughing stock but is now a really, really good manager.
5. We should never, ever, ever entertain the idea of playing music when we score at home. It is frankly embarrassing.
6. There is only one gents at The Pride Park.
7. The hot water at The Pride Park is the hottest in the world.
8. The Derby have sponsors for everything, including for the added on time.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

This was astonishing!

Add.

9.Words to clubs anthem shown on big screen may be tinpot......but got everyone joining in.
10.Letting the smokers out at half time for some relief is not really hard to organise

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This was astonishing!

It was indeed.

The tunnel. That's also sponsored. As were the substitutions. As no doubt is Steve McLaren's jacket & umbrella, the weather, and the moon reflecting over Pride Pa....sorry. The iPro. Of course.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
11. It rains a lot
12. Their fans are loud when winning and on the verge of promotion
13. It is possible to play possession football with some pace and attacking intent
14. A ram will beat a seagull in a fight

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
9.Words to clubs anthem shown on big screen may be tinpot......but got everyone joining in.
Did they really do that? What is their club anthem? Did it make you think it was a good idea for SBTS at The Amex?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Did they really do that? What is their club anthem? Did it make you think it was a good idea for SBTS at The Amex?

This must have been a 'special' for the playoffs - possibly as there were a lot of people there that don't normally go. I don't remember this being done when we played them in January (although I probably got to my seat just before kickoff).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
[yt]obGgOzHapqQ[/yt]
I need to do some work today but could rehearse everything that has been said millions of times before on here about "Sussex By The Sea"....

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

There might be something in this, we have to start sponsoring EVERYTHING.

Every urinal , advertising space above the urinal something to look at while your having a lash.

Obviously the khazi would be more to advertise as you can sit down and write things down. nifty note pad and pen by the side would help.

Even down to the bog roll, little advertising sign above it with "This Crystal Palace toilet roll is sponsered by.............."

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know the big screen told them to do it but it was quite effective when everybody was waving their scarf above their heads when their theme tune was being sung and "we're gonna bounce in a minute" followed by the whole terrace bouncing looked quite good as well.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes, Steve Bloomer's Watching, and probably, Yes.
I have never been in any doubt that the same approach taken to Sussex By The Sea would be a good thing - maybe someone from the club noticed?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There might be something in this, we have to start sponsoring EVERYTHING.

Every urinal , advertising space above the urinal something to look at while your having a lash.

Obviously the khazi would be more to advertise as you can sit down and write things down. nifty note pad and pen by the side would help.

Even down to the bog roll, little advertising sign above it with "This Crystal Palace toilet roll is sponsered by.............."

You could sponsor the actual lash too, so you don't just go for a piss, you go for a piss in association with Gregg's?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here