Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Great Club

southstandSam

May 5, 2014
I joined your forum just a few days ago primarily to have a little banter with you all about the forthcoming matches,(obviously i am a Derby fan) i have found you all to be very welcoming and pretty much sensible in your views and realistic aims/hopes of your football club.

It was so interesting reading your views on how you had done this season, what you thought of your chances against us over two legs and what you thought of us as a team/club.

I was at the fantastic arena you call home on Thursday supporting my team and enjoyed the whole match day experience, the park and ride system seems to work like clockwork and i particularly enjoyed banter with Brighton fans on the bus to the Amex.

As for the game itself i initially thought we were awful but on reflection i feel this was because you did not let us settle into our normal free flowing pattern and whilst you did not create a deal you gave us lots of problems, in fact you where so dominant at one point i would have settled for a 1-0 loss.

Overall on Thursday i felt we was extremely fortunate to come away with a victory but safe in the knowledge that we must surely play a lot better in the second leg.

Your fans turned up in large numbers and was quite vocal.

I came on NSC on Friday and was a little surprised to find a number of complimentary comments on how you perceived Derby to have played, I was very careful not to come across as being arrogant because i thought we were poor but still won the game but i have seen us all season and i knew that if we play to our potential we will score goals in the second leg.

At the Ipro today the atmosphere was electric and i have to say the Albion fans was very vocal and were a credit to yourself and your club.

I thought we were superb today and everything seemed to go against you with injuries and things, that said i was a little surprised that you did not show more hunger and desire.

In football there are always clubs you really dont like for one reason or another but over the years i have always quite like Brighton, i think you are a great club with great fans and a super stadium, i sincerley hope you have a great season next year and hope you can go one step further than you have the last couple of seasons (but not at our expense if we dont make it this season lol)
:bhasign::clap2::bhasign::clap2::bhasign::clap2:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cheers you know how i feel-good luck in the final.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hopefully Derby will go all the way. Especially if the final is against QPR.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Awesome performance by your boys this afternoon. Hope you win the final and have a good season next year.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I really want Derby to go up though, sincerely.

Today was very civilised around the stadium. Hardly any police presence and in the various eateries on the retail park it was pretty cool to see all the two clubs fans mingling and getting on.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Shame our fans at The Amex could not be bothered to produce the same atmosphere as your crowd did tonight.
Good luck I thought you were excellent in both legs.
Our luck totally ran out but you were the better side.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Wish we played like Derby
Cracking atmosphere from your lot too
Disappointing but we are not ready

i wished we played half as good as Derby than that shite today

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I joined your forum just a few days ago primarily to have a little banter with you all about the forthcoming matches,(obviously i am a Derby fan) i have found you all to be very welcoming and pretty much sensible in your views and realistic aims/hopes of your football club.

It was so interesting reading your views on how you had done this season, what you thought of your chances against us over two legs and what you thought of us as a team/club.

I was at the fantastic arena you call home on Thursday supporting my team and enjoyed the whole match day experience, the park and ride system seems to work like clockwork and i particularly enjoyed banter with Brighton fans on the bus to the Amex.

As for the game itself i initially thought we were awful but on reflection i feel this was because you did not let us settle into our normal free flowing pattern and whilst you did not create a deal you gave us lots of problems, in fact you where so dominant at one point i would have settled for a 1-0 loss.

Overall on Thursday i felt we was extremely fortunate to come away with a victory but safe in the knowledge that we must surely play a lot better in the second leg.

Your fans turned up in large numbers and was quite vocal.

I came on NSC on Friday and was a little surprised to find a number of complimentary comments on how you perceived Derby to have played, I was very careful not to come across as being arrogant because i thought we were poor but still won the game but i have seen us all season and i knew that if we play to our potential we will score goals in the second leg.

At the Ipro today the atmosphere was electric and i have to say the Albion fans was very vocal and were a credit to yourself and your club.

I thought we were superb today and everything seemed to go against you with injuries and things, that said i was a little surprised that you did not show more hunger and desire.

In football there are always clubs you really dont like for one reason or another but over the years i have always quite like Brighton, i think you are a great club with great fans and a super stadium, i sincerley hope you have a great season next year and hope you can go one step further than you have the last couple of seasons (but not at our expense if we dont make it this season lol)
:bhasign::clap2::bhasign::clap2::bhasign::clap2:

Oi Sam. thought we agreed you could win the first three games and we could have the fourth. Don't think anyone has ever done the quadruple over us?

Oh well. Life goes on. I still feel a lot better than this time last season.

Good luck to Derby in the final. I wish them well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cheers - good luck at Wembley.

Oh, and by the way, I think this is from one of your's -

"cant sell out home and away!!!!
have to pay Amex to sponsor your stadium giving away meeting rooms, in which they didnt want .
whats Brighton ever won??
TINPOT!!!!!!!!"

- take him back and point out to him that Derby County is better than that, would you? (or kick his a*se if you prefer). If he wants to find some English as a second language classes, I'm sure you have some good ones in Derby. All the best!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh, and Sam. Can you and your mates club together and buy SheltonRam a ticket for the final? Think he will need some looking after.

Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here