Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget about the manager.....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Just got home from the game, we weren't great...

BUT!

Our focus this summer HAS to be on keeping ahold of our best attacking players.

Look at the players we have allowed to leave this club (at WORST!) easily over the the last few years.

Murray,
Barnes,
Bennett,
Noone,
Crofts V1...

I genuinely believe that we had a better midfield of Dicker, Kishishev, Bennett and Crofts in League 1 than we had out there last night. Yes Ince has been a bright spark and he looked strong again tonight, why he hasn't featured more recently I really cannot fashom... HOWEVER! Over the last few seasons, our summer transfer windows have been dominated by us letting some of our very best attacking players go easily and cheaply, players who without fail went on the prove themselves at a higher level than with us previously. This CANNOT be allowed to continue.

Burke's number ONE priority this transfer window MUST be to hang on to our best attacking talents.

Ulloa, Hoskins, Buckley, March, LuaLua are all more than capable players in this league. Letting even one of them go will see us have to go back to the drawing board yet AGAIN this summer to develop an attacking lineup capable of scaring teams and scoring goals. Rather than yet again trying to full voids left by the absense of others we must, MUST be able to spend a summer making additions to a strong squad, regardless of who is in charge of the squad or who believes they are better than us elsewhere in the team, it is the attack that wins you games and as was painfully obvious tonight, our attacking players are not up to it at the moment, but even so, losing several of them would be even worse, because there is certainly no one in the team to replace them and I CERTAINLY have no belief in Burke or Oscar to replace them more than adequately if they were to leave.

Cardiff came close in the playoffs a number of times before eventually getting there, it is vital we don't try and start over with the squad yet again next season.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If I was a pro footballer and had two managers leave at the exact same point two years in a row I would assume something was very very wrong higher up and be out of there ASAP.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Buckley and especially Hoskins are perennial sick notes.

You haven't mentiond CMS, but he's not going to fire us anywhere.

I get your message, but we need quality to get over the finish line.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If I was a pro footballer and had two managers leave at the exact same point two years in a row I would assume something was very very wrong higher up and be out of there ASAP.

Or you might conclude that the club had simply made a mistake when recruiting their previous managers replacement. It happens.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Buckley and especially Hoskins are perennial sick notes.

You haven't mentiond CMS, but he's not going to fire us anywhere.

I get your message, but we need quality to get over the finish line.

Buckley IS a sicknote I grant you, but I m genuinely scared of him leaving for little money, going anywhere else and getting fit for a full season and firing that team up or keeping them up because we all know that a fully firing Buckley is top 10 premier league class.

Hoskins is not a sicknote, he has been unlucky with 2 bad injuries but he IS a very good championship striker and I really believe that and if we were to let him go we would not replace him with better. He is without a doubt better than Lita, Obika, Paynter or Vokes who we have had here since he has been out.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Buckley IS a sicknote I grant you, but I m genuinely scared of him leaving for little money, going anywhere else and getting fit for a full season and firing that team up or keeping them up because we all know that a fully firing Buckley is top 10 premier league class.

Hoskins is not a sicknote, he has been unlucky with 2 bad injuries but he IS a very good championship striker and I really believe that and if we were to let him go we would not replace him with better. He is without a doubt better than Lita, Obika, Paynter or Vokes who we have had here since he has been out.

Agreed. If Buckley can be repaired (permanently) then he can be very good as we all know. But if the rumoured £3million bid becomes fact I think it would be good business to let him go especially with Solly March coming through.

I can't see Hoskins being kept on, if nothing else, his emotional ties during his injury have been focused up in the Midlands.

Maybe if a new manager comes in (if Oscar does leave) then it's possible Hoskins could be refocused and realise his potential here.

It's going to be a long Summer!

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Buckley is unlikely to attract a 7 figure fee I'm afraid. We had our chance to cash in (and have a punt on someone like Conway). Fit or unfit, Will is a frustrating fragile enigma and we have failed to coax out the quality player that lies within.

Jan 30, 2008
Just got home from the game, we weren't great...

BUT!

Our focus this summer HAS to be on keeping ahold of our best attacking players.

Look at the players we have allowed to leave this club (at WORST!) easily over the the last few years.

Murray,
Barnes,
Bennett,
Noone,
Crofts V1...

I genuinely believe that we had a better midfield of Dicker, Kishishev, Bennett and Crofts in League 1 than we had out there last night. Yes Ince has been a bright spark and he looked strong again tonight, why he hasn't featured more recently I really cannot fashom... HOWEVER! Over the last few seasons, our summer transfer windows have been dominated by us letting some of our very best attacking players go easily and cheaply, players who without fail went on the prove themselves at a higher level than with us previously. This CANNOT be allowed to continue.

Burke's number ONE priority this transfer window MUST be to hang on to our best attacking talents.

Ulloa, Hoskins, Buckley, March, LuaLua are all more than capable players in this league. Letting even one of them go will see us have to go back to the drawing board yet AGAIN this summer to develop an attacking lineup capable of scaring teams and scoring goals. Rather than yet again trying to full voids left by the absense of others we must, MUST be able to spend a summer making additions to a strong squad, regardless of who is in charge of the squad or who believes they are better than us elsewhere in the team, it is the attack that wins you games and as was painfully obvious tonight, our attacking players are not up to it at the moment, but even so, losing several of them would be even worse, because there is certainly no one in the team to replace them and I CERTAINLY have no belief in Burke or Oscar to replace them more than adequately if they were to leave.

Cardiff came close in the playoffs a number of times before eventually getting there, it is vital we don't try and start over with the squad yet again next season.
looked like we had a load of train spotters out yesterday, what was your view on the turn out fella i know i can rely on you for an honest opinion :wink:
regards
DR

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Buckley a top 10 premier league class? Really? REALLY? Hasn't played well in one & a half seasons.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Buckley a top 10 premier league class? Really? REALLY? Hasn't played well in one & a half seasons.

Is english not your native language? Is there some part of the phrase 'fully firing' that I can help you to better understand?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
looked like we had a load of train spotters out yesterday, what was your view on the turn out fella i know i can rely on you for an honest opinion :wink:
regards
DR

Better than forest but still not great, thankfully only 1 or 2 kids but still a lot of happy clappers there and as per usual the atmosphere was average at best until the result was decided.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Buckley is a shadow of the player who was electric in his first season at the AMEX

I'm pretty sure there is some underlying problem.

Either he is repeatedly being rushed back too quickly every time or it is mental and he's not exerting himself properly because he is worried of re injuring himself.

Whatever, he needs to get himself back to 100% over the close season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is english not your native language? Is there some part of the phrase 'fully firing' that I can help you to better understand?

Obviously not your written. It's English!

A fully firing Buckley is like finding hen's teeth.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Buckley is a shadow of the player who was electric in his first season at the AMEX

I'm pretty sure there is some underlying problem.

Either he is repeatedly being rushed back too quickly every time or it is mental and he's not exerting himself properly because he is worried of re injuring himself.

Whatever, he needs to get himself back to 100% over the close season.

I agree and I really do believe it's mental, need to get the bloke a decent pyschiatrist. One to work with the whole team and specific players individually. To me it is OBVIOUS that our mental preparation for matches and the mental states of some players is a long way off where it could/should be.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

....and agents will get the vibe of what is happening here and steer their players away towards other clubs, making our recruitment prospects even trickier than they have appeared to have been over the last 12 months.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Obviously not your written. It's English!

A fully firing Buckley is like finding hen's teeth.

And is completely irrelevant to the point I was making. He has talent we MUST persevere with him, work with him and try and help him to stay fit rather than giving up, letting him go cheaply and then watching him succeed elsewhere.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
....and agents will get the vibe of what is happening here and steer their players away towards other clubs, making our recruitment prospects even trickier than they have appeared to have been over the last 12 months.

I was once offered two jobs at the same company, one in a department of high flyers and one of plodders.
The best piece of advice ever offered to me was from my then director... "it's easier to look good in a room full of d*ckheads!"

A shrewd agent would do well to steer his clients straight at us as a steeping stone to great things. A good player would have looked legendary next to most of our team yesterday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here