Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrea Orlandi has the heart of a sheep

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I am not the latter-day Gary Dicker's biggest fan. Whist he does have his good traits: his touch is excellent and he has got a great eye for a pass. He is painfully slow. His turning circle would make an oil tanker blush. He doesn't seem to win any second balls. He can't beat his man for skill. He is pretty poor from a dead ball considering he takes most of the corners and free kicks. The thing I dislike most about him, however, is the fact that he goes missing in the big games. He has played in 4 play off games over the last two seasons and has not put in one good performance in any of them. Today's performance was particularly abysmal. The game just completely passed him by. He didn't get up to support Ulloa and he didn't track back to defend. The Palace home leg last year was another example where more or less exactly the same thing happened. They turned up fired up and Orlandi just went missing. Maybe he just doesn't have the heart for the fight of the Championship and would be better off being farmed out to a mid table club in the Scottish Premiership, or somewhere similar, where he wouldn't ever have to worry about playing in any games that matter? I just hope this flat-track bully doesn't have a future in our midfield.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Who you talking about. Gary Dicker or Orlandi?

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
I am not the latter-day Gary Dicker's biggest fan. Whist he does have his good traits: his touch is excellent and he has got a great eye for a pass. He is painfully slow. His turning circle would make an oil tanker blush. He doesn't seem to win any second balls. He can't beat his man for skill. He is pretty poor from a dead ball considering he takes most of the corners and free kicks. The thing I dislike most about him, however, is the fact that he goes missing in the big games. He has played in 4 play off games over the last two seasons and has not put in one good performance in any of them. Today's performance was particularly abysmal. The game just completely passed him by. He didn't get up to support Ulloa and he didn't track back to defend. The Palace home leg last year was another example where more or less exactly the same thing happened. They turned up fired up and Orlandi just went missing. Maybe he just doesn't have the heart for the fight of the Championship and would be better off being farmed out to a mid table club in the Scottish Premiership, or somewhere similar, where he wouldn't ever have to worry about playing in any games that matter? I just hope this flat-track bully doesn't have a future in our midfield.

at the ipro today and most around were pissed off primarily with Orlandi, he was a passenger.... maybe not match fit, but he did nothing except ponce about and get brushed off the ball easily, a luxury player and clearly not in form since his return from injury. March looked a lot sharper and more committed recently

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

You've never played football have you?
He's just come back from long term injury & he's not fit yet. Previously he was class & will be again. It's got nothing to do with heart, you fool

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
You've never played football have you?
He's just come back from long term injury & he's not fit yet. Previously he was class & will be again. It's got nothing to do with heart, you fool

So if he's not fit why was he started?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Pair Orlandi with Buckley, who was so scared of doing his hamstring he barely accelerated beyond walking pace, and it made for a powder puff presence on the flanks.

Any two of Lua Lua, CMS and March should have come on the moment we went 1-0 down last night.

Never mind Andrea Orlandi having the heart of a sheep. He has the name of a girl.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Orlandi showed previously that he's an excellent player. He's clearly not fit and on top of that doesn't expect to be an Albion player next season. Friend of mine knows him and told me that a few months back. That's got to have an effect - who's going to risk getting injured when they need to find a new club in a month's time? I'm the last person to normally say players aren't giving their all but there were a few that didn't show the desire you'd expect. I don't think it can be good for a team, having so many running out of contract.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

I will back you on this one. My friend and I were watching him yesterday as a lot of your points were mentioned during the game. He didn't seem interested, lacks effort and only wants to do that attacking part which mainly consists of a sideways pass or a "safe" pass. IMO we must let him go this summer, not good enough to impact a game which is what a player like him was brought in to do. One thing that you cant feign is effort and he didn't want to put the graft in yesterday. Some may say he wasn't fit to play and has been dogged by injuries, if this is the case DONT PLAY him, especially in a play off semi.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Why do you think all our players with Premiership experience are with us in the Championship?

During that 20 or so minutes when we were on top afer the Amex kick-off, he was our driving force. Yes, after that and at Pride Park he was not at the races, but name an Albion player who was

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You mean like this guy?

bravestarr.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Pair Orlandi with Buckley, who was so scared of doing his hamstring he barely accelerated beyond walking pace, and it made for a powder puff presence on the flanks.

Any two of Lua Lua, CMS and March should have come on the moment we went 1-0 down last night.

Never mind Andrea Orlandi having the heart of a sheep. He has the name of a girl.

Any two of Lua Lua, CMS and March should have STARTED the game, never mind waiting until we went 1-0 down. We were already in arrears and chasiig the game after losing the first leg.

We had absolutely nothing to lose, it was a game where we needed to take risks , get men forward, throw caution to the wind, and try to score that all important first goal, When that goal went to Derby, the contest was all but over. But did we do that?, no of course we didn't, it was the same predictable, conservative, safety first Oscar.

Getting back to the point, it's true that Orlandi had a very poor game, but most of the others were equally woeful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here