Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Calde Aiming for Top Two Next Season

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The aim of everyone is to be in Premier League but I want to do it straight, I don’t like the play-offs and next year the aim is to hit the top two.“It is the same feeling as last year, maybe last year it was against Palace at home and everyone expected us to win but the feeling is the same.
"When you have a chance to go to Wembley and the chance to go to the Premier League you are always going to be disappointed to lose.
“Maybe in a couple of days we can have a better picture of the season and just try to learn from it."
The full-back also believes that the tie was lost at the Amex, but feels there are plenty of positives to take from the season, including the progress of a number of players from the under-21 squad to the first team.
“For me, it was at home where we lost the semi-final because in that game we were better and usually you win, but they had a penalty and an own goal.
“But we need to be proud of the season we have had. It has been quite complicated because we have had a lot of injuries, players going out of the club and all that happened at the start of the season.
“We have been twice in a row in the play-offs so we are doing something good but maybe we have to be a bit better. We are in a good way and we have to try and be positive and proud to have been here.
“The most positive thing to come out of the season is players like Solly March, Rohan Ince, Jake Forster-Caskey, Lewis Dunk and Adam Chicksen coming through.
“There are a lot of players coming through the ranks and they are hopefully going to be the ones that take the club to the Premier League.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here