Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is our 8th best ever finish in the football hierarchy.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Absolute disgrace. 8th best season in 113 years. And fewer than 30,000 in the ground for every game.

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
This is Brighton. We are entitled. We walk the league, every year, every league -- else heads roll.

We are owed it.

Not like Liverpool fans, or ManU fans, who only pretend to have it owed. We are owed it in fact.

Other outcomes are not consonant with a well-run universe.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Same old shit comparing Withdean, Gillingham and even Goldstone Brighton to now. Move on, we should be doing better

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
These are such good times to be Brighton fan. I can't wait for the start of next season. We have so much to look forward to, especially if OG and Jonesy stay with us.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
And probably 1 of most negative and boring to watch.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
We were truly dire for years in the 90's. You've either got a short memory or are aged about 15.

Yep 15. That'll be it.
Don't remember having the resources and players we've got now in the 90's.
Then again I wouldn't as I wasn't around then.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Absolute disgrace. 8th best season in 113 years.

It's actually our joint seventh best season: we're 26th in the league hierarchy, same as in 1977/78. We then had five seasons higher, the promotion year of 1979 and four seasons in the first division from 1979 to 1983. Then we had last season as 24th in the hierarchy

What a shocker

Same old shit comparing Withdean, Gillingham and even Goldstone Brighton to now. Move on, we should be doing better

Quite - football is all about momentum, the quality of the football has gone backwards this past season and along with it the entertainment factor. I think we should be keeping up with the likes of Burnley and Derby.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite - football is all about momentum, the quality of the football has gone backwards this past season and along with it the entertainment factor. I think we should be keeping up with the likes of Burnley and Derby.

Oh right, so we should be keeping up with Derby and Burnley but we should take for granted that we finish above Reading, Middlesbrough, Birmingham City, Nottingham Forest, Bolton, Sheff Weds, Ipswich and Leeds.

Or how about just accept that getting us to 6th place in his first season in the job with someone else's team and no summer to bring his own players in, qualifies as a half decent season?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Oh right, so we should be keeping up with Derby and Burnley but we should take for granted that we finish above Reading, Middlesbrough, Birmingham City, Nottingham Forest, Bolton, Sheff Weds, Ipswich and Leeds.

Or how about just accept that getting us to 6th place in his first season in the job with someone else's team and no summer to bring his own players in, qualifies as a half decent season?

I don't buy this at all. He did have some pre-season. The January window was a total bust. Most of those teams you mention have smaller crowds or are run by total dick heads. The football this season has been tedious.

Half decent, maybe? But it's not been much fun

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't buy this at all. He did have some pre-season. The January window was a total bust. Most of those teams you mention have smaller crowds or are run by total dick heads. The football this season has been tedious.

Half decent, maybe? But it's not been much fun
Pre-season? He had about 6 weeks! And really, smaller crowds don't mean shìt. Some of those have parachute payments that dwarf the income from the extra 2,000-5,000 we get at the gate.

Whoever is in charge next season needs to get some pace into our team. I think that's where we're lacking, and if it means selling some of the family silver (Ulloa or whoever) to bring some in, then so be it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Pre-season? He had about 6 weeks! And really, smaller crowds don't mean shìt. Some of those have parachute payments that dwarf the income from the extra 2,000-5,000 we get at the gate.

Whoever is in charge next season needs to get some pace into our team. I think that's where we're lacking, and if it means selling some of the family silver (Ulloa or whoever) to bring some in, then so be it.

Couldn't agree more. Except for the Ulloa part.

If it were me, I'd be shipping out:

Agustien - Just collecting wages for whatever reason
Orlandi - Hasn't been himself all season
Buckley - Usually one sprint away from tweaking his hamstring

We'd have to strengthen in the midfield but we've got enough cover for Buckley already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here