Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Ticket Collection Farce At Derby Today

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Having bought one of the returned tickets over the phone on Friday - I clearly asked for this to be sent to the Derby ground for me to collect it today - guess what according to Derby they had no original tickets for collection, just duplicates - a very long story later I had to buy another away ticket - my e-mail from bha ticket office as proof of purchase deemed not good enough - Derby ticket office said - sort out the refund with brighton, they never sent us the ticket etc etc - as this farce had taken nearly an hour and was three minutes to kick off I reluctantly paid for a second time!

The full farce:

- go to derby main ticket office and get told to go to away ticket office at 4:15pm
- go to away ticket office, it is shut, ask a steward he says go back to main ticket office
- main ticket office proudly say stewards all knobs, go to away ticket collection point, away fans not in normal place today
- finally find away ticket collection point, only a doorway and not sign posted at all, we only have duplicates, no original tickets sent up by bha, your name not on list, go see main ticket office they will sort for free, we will radio them
- go back to main ticket office for third time, they say can't print you off a ticket, but after a lot of mucking about decide can SELL me another one (bha email proof of purchase don't count) - this takes 25 minutes as they have to use credit card machine in another stand (no idea why) - then comes back saying needs my address etc as had not taken this, then finally sort this and come back another ten minutes later with a receipt and a tciket

Finally get into ground at just gone 5:15pm

Superb joined up organisation by both clubs - though suspect problems most caused by Derby staff at stadium

Did others have any such problems??? - surely we did not forget to send up all tickets sold on Friday that people were not able to collect from Amex on Saturday???

Guy next to me said his ticket not there for collection either, but he got one printed off for free and did not have to pay up for a second time like me!

Though having away ticket office shut today not the world's best idea by Derby, bet they never told bha about this

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
That's very sad for you. But it's made my long journey home a little more bearable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here