Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I went to the botanical gardens in Gothenburg yesterday..

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Very nice it was too. Flowers, shrubs and all sorts! Very well maintained. They had a Japanese exhibit but I didn't go in as you had to pay an entrance fee for that bit. I only had cards on me.

The parking was a bit of a nightmare, I had to park in a residential area and wasn't sure if I'd get a ticket. I didn't get a ticket in the end though so that was good.

Anyone else got any absolutely FASCINATING stories like mine they'd like to share?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I had to clear out a blocked drain today, full of hair and fatty rotting food. Had to get a pair of marigolds out and the stench nearly had me puking. Cleared it though and all working again.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just watched an episode of Breaking Bad - Skyler gets out of bed in full makeup (again) with her lipstick drawn way over her lip line as usual and the baby is, as usual, nowhere to be seen.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Very nice it was too. Flowers, shrubs and all sorts! Very well maintained. They had a Japanese exhibit but I didn't go in as you had to pay an entrance fee for that bit. I only had cards on me.

The parking was a bit of a nightmare, I had to park in a residential area and wasn't sure if I'd get a ticket. I didn't get a ticket in the end though so that was good.

Anyone else got any absolutely FASCINATING stories like mine they'd like to share?

Very nice place Gothenburg. The crows are grey and black which is kind of weird.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It is quite breezy today in Chandler, which is unusual. The current temperature is 77F, with a forecast high of 81, 11 degrees below normal. Overall, it is very pleasant, and the perfect conditions for Salsa dancing at the external rooftop bar of Dave & Buster's in Tempe Marketplace this evening.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just watched an episode of Breaking Bad - Skyler gets out of bed in full makeup (again) with her lipstick drawn way over her lip line as usual and the baby is, as usual, nowhere to be seen.

She really had a nightmare with the collagen between series didn't she I mean, what WAS she thinking?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I lived in Gothenburg for 6 months in the 60's
great place
I was 18 and it really was party time and at a time when it hardly got dark

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm off to Sidcup tomorrow. I've heard it's nice this time of year.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I went to Lewes and stumbled upon the 750th anniversary of the Battle of Lewes. There were costumed processions through the town, bagpipes, drums and horses.

XIpZq.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I went for a walk on yesterday, It was very windy on the seafront but quite sunny. I had a pint of Dark Star APA an the Fortune of War.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I made duck cassoulet yesterday. It was very nice.

I might write it up. But I might not.

Really? I had cheese on toast when I got in last night. And a glass of wine. Lovely.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Our tortoise was enjoying the sunshine eating some lettuce just now when it started showering heavily. She patiently finished the last leaf of lettuce in the rain before heading back into her house. I reckon she'll come out again in half an hour or so if the rain stays off.

And an ice-cream ban has just come past my house, but I had quite alot of ice cream yesterday so I'm not going to partake.

I have just finished hoovering my house, my wife is ironing my shirts for me for the week.

My patio could do with a jet wash but I think I'll do that at the weekend.

Ants are funny things aren't they, I've been watching them for a few minutes now and can't help wondering if there is logic to the way they scurry around or if it's just random.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Red ? gotta be red with Con T

I didn't have any red though, and after getting up at 5:30am to work yesterday, then driving straight to Derby, & heading back after the game, I wasn't feeling choosy :)

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I think I might pot up a couple of maples later on. They're really outgrowing the pots they're in now.

It's good to have a thread like this on such a slow news day. Just wish something exciting would happen to grab our attention.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's Homer Simpson's birthday today.

sy5aryhu.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here