Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slap our face and give us a valium

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
The degree of collective bedwetting on some of the most recent threads defies belief. We've had a better season than anybody could have expected given the meltdown of last summer and the squad problems of the early part of the season. Sure we need to improve but we'll be OK and I'm super confident we'll be challenging from Prem status again very soon. Enjoy the summer everybody - it hasn't all gone wrong.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Will be an intriguing summer a World Cup on the horizon to fill the void then back to it next season. No need for drama or knee jerk opinions now just accept the season is over and we just fell short on quality when it mattered this time around

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hear hear. NSC is going to be funny tonight though for the complete comedy meltdown of some folk. There are going to be some seriously lost toys and wet beds by the morning!! :tantrum:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I think things are a bit clouded by the fact that a) we were beaten quite a lot more comprehensively than most people expected today and b) the scum have had a surprisingly good season up in the Premier League.

Let's put today down as a bit of a stinker, albeit at the hands of opposition we all know were better. And as for the south London lot. We can't keep comparing our lot to theirs. As irritating as it is to have them crow on like they've just won the Champions League, we just have to accept our respective positions, with us as the underdogs right now, and get on with it.

If they'd been tonked week in week out and were on their way back down we'd all be creaming ourselves at the chance to get one over on them next year, but instead we've got to deal with our own season, which has hardly been a disaster, by any measure

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hear hear. NSC is going to be funny tonight though for the complete comedy meltdown of some folk. There are going to be some seriously lost toys and wet beds by the morning!! :tantrum:

Agreed completely. This is BHA. A team that has, for most of all our lives, been shit. One of our best ever finishes in the football pyramid and we've just lost to a very, very good side. How in all that is good have people lost sight of reality?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think things are a bit clouded by the fact that a) we were beaten quite a lot more comprehensively than most people expected today and b) the scum have had a surprisingly good season up in the Premier League.

Let's put today down as a bit of a stinker, albeit at the hands of opposition we all know were better. And as for the south London lot. We can't keep comparing our lot to theirs. As irritating as it is to have them crow on like they've just won the Champions League, we just have to accept our respective positions, with us as the underdogs right now, and get on with it.

If they'd been tonked week in week out and were on their way back down we'd all be creaming ourselves at the chance to get one over on them next year, but instead we've got to deal with our own season, which has hardly been a disaster, by any measure

Are you saying that no matter what happens, our only barometer of success is judged against what Palace have done? Who gives a s h i t what Palace have done this season, are we that obsessed that we can't assess our own season without recourse to theirs? Bizarre thing to state. I think the disappointment is we lost a play off semi final, I'm really lost as to where Palace fit into that...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Agreed completely. This is BHA. A team that has, for most of all our lives, been shit. One of our best ever finishes in the football pyramid and we've just lost to a very, very good side. How in all that is good have people lost sight of reality?

It's NSC, what else do you expect?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Are you saying that no matter what happens, our only barometer of success is judged against what Palace have done? Who gives a s h i t what Palace have done this season, are we that obsessed that we can't assess our own season without recourse to theirs? Bizarre thing to state. I think the disappointment is we lost a play off semi final, I'm really lost as to where Palace fit into that...

I'm not saying it should be our barometer of success and certainly I'm far more interested in our own achievements than theirs, however you can't deny the atmosphere on here is at its best when we're winning and Palace are losing. That's the golden combo.

Their failings give us something else to focus on, so when we fail and can't even revel in their misery it's a double blow.

I guarantee you, if they had been relegated there'd be a metric shit ton of posts on here about how delighted we were to get the chance to face them next season, and that would have been used to soften the blow of a pretty heavy defeat today.

Even though there is plenty to be positive about for next year, knowing that we've got yet another year in their shadow does niggle at the back of the mind somewhat.

Football fans love having someone else to blame and someone to have a pop at. Well on this occasion we cannot argue that we've been hard done by. We got beaten fair and square so we're all after something else to cling onto. Had Palace's season not been such a frustratingly resounding success we would latch onto their failings instead. But we can't. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not obsessed with them, but I do think this board has a collective attitude towards them that dictates we're at our happiest when, as the song goes, Brighton win and Palace lose.

Essentially, all things considered, we've had a decent year. And in about eight of the last ten years it'd have been enough for us to claim local bragging rights. But as misfortune would have it our own surge up the league has coincided with a golden era for our fiercest rivals and it's massively irritating.

My point is their success, I think, sometimes adds to our own negativity on this board. Whereas when you completely ignore them we can look at things in a more rosy light. It's all about comparing yourself to the other boys in school when really we should be focused on number one. Just that it isn't always as easy as that

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The levels of idiocy on this board are astounding, and constantly push the boundaries of their own existence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here