Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of the out of contract players would YOU keep?

Which out of contract players would YOU keep?

• Tomasz Kuszczak

Votes: 166 56.1%
  • Casper Ankergren

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • Peter Brezovan

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Bruno Saltor

Votes: 158 53.4%
  • Inigo Calderon

Votes: 242 81.8%
  • Matthew Upson

Votes: 276 93.2%
  • Andrea Orlandi

Votes: 149 50.3%
  • David Lopez

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Will Hoskins

Votes: 116 39.2%
  • Kazenga LuaLua

Votes: 268 90.5%
  • David Rodriguez

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No idea - it would depend on the quality of the replacements. If we can get better, none of them. If we can only find worse, all of them. Main problem is going to be an aging team, full of over the hill names, as time catches up with them.

If we don't refresh positively we will get worse.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Upson on a pay as you play contract. Calde as a player coach. The club have a one year option on Kaz.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tomasz Kuszczak - Depends on who else is available, I don't see him wanting to be second fiddle, so only if there is no one else better.
Casper Ankergren - It's a toss up between Brez/Casper for number two spot, but don't need both
Peter Brezovan - It's a toss up between Brez/Casper for number two spot, but don't need both
Bruno Saltor - Probably
Inigo Calderon - Probably
Matthew Upson - I would lean toward no, great service this season, but there were reports throughout the season of how he has been playing with pain, how he has recurring injuries, and he's missed a few matches late in the season, I'm not convinced he'd be fit enough next year.
Andrea Orlandi - His injuries would make me lean toward no
David Lopez - I think he got a lot of unfair criticism, is one of the few players in our team who can consistently cross a ball well, but I'm not sure he has enough with the rest of his game
Will Hoskins - I would lean toward yes, one year deal to give him a chance to show what he has to offer
Kazenga LuaLua - Extend the option, but be open to selling at a decent price if he doesn't show more consistent form
David Rodriguez - Based on what we've seen, no. But that feels really unfair to me because I'm not sure we've seen enough, especially when you factor in adjusting to another country.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Kusczak
Upson

The rest depends in their personal demands but I'm not overly inclined to offer them much based on their ability or fitness record.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Keep Koosh, Calderon,Upson and Kaz.

Let the rest go and possibly replace Buckley, Greer and Hoskins.

Def sign Ward if possible

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Kusczak
Upson

The rest depends in their personal demands but I'm not overly inclined to offer them much based on their ability or fitness record.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Upson will be offered a one-year extension as will Calderon. LuaLua's contract option will be taken up by the club giving him an extra year.

Indifferent regarding Bruno and Brezovan.

The rest will all go.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ins and outs and provisional squad for next season.

My Predicted outs- Kuszczak, Brezovan, Ankergren, Agustien (transfer), Upson (Doubt he'll want to stay with the impending managerial turmoil), Orlandi, Hoskins, Lopez, Rodriguez, Calderon/Bruno (I think one will go)

So that leaves...

.................................New GK.................................

Calderon/Bruno.......Dunk........Greer.........Chicksen/Ward

...................Ince..............Stephens..........................

Buckley/March.............Crofts...........................LuaLua

..................................Ulloa.....................................

Obviously this depends on what formation the new manager will choose to play, but I think our midfield will be pretty strong, perhaps Monakana will feature on the subs bench next season? If we get Toko in central midfield I reckon we'll be OK in that department unless we decided to loan out Forster-Caskey who I think needs more regular game time.

Investment in a first choice keeper is needed assuming Kuszczak leaves, perhaps Walton will be ready to be our number 2 next season?

Defensively we'll need to invest in another centre back and perhaps 2 full backs if Ward doesn't stay.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I suspect the changes might be more sweeping that that, and perhaps not always in line with what we want.

Will Ulloa stay? Will Dunk? Buckley? Is Greer good for another season? Has any other club spotted the potential of March or Ince?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here