Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would we all be happier tonight if we had just missed out on the playoffs?

If Ulloa's header had been spectacularly saved last Saturday, and it had been Reading playing Derby instead of us I get the feeling that there would have been far less angst about than there is now. Is this true or not?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No.....i would be happy to have gone at them and not let them settle,but the coaching of our system is too cautious and pedestrian to allow attacking and 2 strikers,call it no plan B if you like..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Of course it's true, seems a pretty redundant question, really. People are unhappy tonight because of the performance and/or the result. If the season had ended last week we would have worked through our disappointment by Monday and today would have been just a regular game-less Saturday with nothing to upset us.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
We gave Derby too much respect and too much time on the ball.All season long our game has been half pace, Move the ball quickly when in possession... snap around the opposition when they have the ball. Basic football philosophies but as true now as they always have been.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We were the outsiders of 4 teams , this evening meant we got further than Reading , Ipswich , Blackburn , Forest and Bournemouth did.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Nope. Glad we were in the playoffs regardless of the outcome. It means we were in there fighting to the very end for a place at the top table and that's how it should be.

Plus the money helps.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No way, if you want to sign good players it's far easier if you've been a play-off club two years in a row.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We played well in the first leg and with the rub of the green we would have been 3-1 up and Derby would be chasing the game, that's football. So glad we made the play offs

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"It's not the despair, I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand"

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I guess we were all a bit too optimistic. We were very much the weaker of the play off teams and it showed today.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Last Saturday in Nottingham was superb….wouldn't have missed it for anything. Today was disappointing, but I had virtually zero expectations of us beating Derby, so I'm not too upset.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No way, if you want to sign good players it's far easier if you've been a play-off club two years in a row.

If.......such a small word but a word with so much meaning.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
If Ulloa's header had been spectacularly saved last Saturday, and it had been Reading playing Derby instead of us I get the feeling that there would have been far less angst about than there is now. Is this true or not?

Well, the overall consensus from Reading fans is relief that we were 7th rather than being utterly humiliated in the semis in the way you were.

Bad luck chaps, was hoping you'd do well after you sneaked in. Looking forward to next season....

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Absolutely not. We had a week of dreams of Wembley and must have tucked away serious money from two matches on Sky and 25k+ cash punters at the Amex.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely this is another dumb question? Bit like saying would you rather have lost to Sheff Wed than go through the humiliation of a 4-0 defeat to Man Utd in a replay!

If you can't stand losing then suggest sport is not the hobby for you!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
No. Most of us weren't expecting much from the play offs, so it's a case of season ending against Forest or Derby. The last minute winner against Forest was probably the highlight of the season. Why would I want to miss out on that?

And it's probably easier to convince players to join us if we can say we've made the play offs two seasons in a row.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here