Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Not a bad finisher, but his passing is abysmal. How he got MoM on Thursday is a mystery. Yes he scored, but that was his only contribution. Gave the ball away in dangerous positions repeatedly. Please don't do anything silly Oscar, like trying to sign him.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Don't think I've ever seen a player lose the ball as much as Lingard. He is lightweight and can't hold the ball and always tries to do too much in forward positions. His passing is ridiculously bad and he covers a lot of inadequacy with a busy style.
I have watched him over a number of games now and have come to the conclusion that he is just not good enough.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Be interesting to see whether United retain him after watching him with us. Suspect he'll be let go as he's not likely to make their squad.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He will like a few forwards that have come here go on and do well at another club,not with Man U....something about us and strikers

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Will never cut it in the Premier league and especially for Utd. Certainly has a future in the Championship though.

Leo's Goatee

Dec 30, 2013
Under Leo's mouth
he is too weak for the prem, really him up against the likes of Kompany, Sakho, Williams, Reid. No chance

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's a young player with talent. In 3 years time I think he'll be playing at least top level Championship football. The thing is you can only play so many youngsters and challenge for promotion, and we have Ince, March, JFC and Dunk to consider too.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think he has improved a little with us, I would be happy to keep him if he spent the summer building some upper body strength, he does have some potential.

Dec 29, 2011
When he arrived he looked lively and up for it. Towards the end he looked like he was just going through the motions. We seem to have taken his attacking, creative spirit out of him. Either way, he won't make it at United that's for sure.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
No chance of him featuring for Man Utd next season even though how much he says he wants to be in their squad. He's probably championship level at best.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was genuinely excited when he arrived, but he has been a major disappointment.

Sometimes he was almost average, but for the most part, unnoticable.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
He scored more goals than any other forward we've had on loan for the last few seasons! :bowdown:

But, we need to sign our own players, and not try to borrow players whom we have to start every game if they are fit!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I want to know what he was doing celebrating like that after kaz scored. Game was lost by that point, made himself look a complete twunt. Felt bad for kaz today, came on 2 minutes too late and was one of very few putting the effot in. Looked really gutted after he scored as he knew it meant F all, didnt stop him trying though!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Be interesting to see whether United retain him after watching him with us. Suspect he'll be let go as he's not likely to make their squad.

I doubt they'll keeping. He looks a distinctly average player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here