Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burke needs to take a back seat

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Oscar needs to be allowed to sign his own players and Burke needs to take a back seat in proceedings if the club is going to progress at all next season in my opinion. I agree with another thread starter that a big clear out in personnel is needed, but if Burke is 'signing' these players it's effectively redundant who is in charge. The Barnes/Bridcutt money needs to be reinvested and the manager needs to be allowed to spend it end of.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You don't even know if burke made any signings...

So you think Oscar suggested the signings of Obika, Keith Andrews and Agustien? Unless Oscar has a seriously in depth knowledge of English football he most likely won't have heard of any of these players. Burke has made some decent signings but it's clear Oscar had little to no involvement in them.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I appreciate that I have a newly opened NSC account but I can assure you that he's not liked amongst a few people at the club.

This includes players and staff just below his level.

SirGully

Jul 26, 2013
Could of... , my argument is we do not know the transfer policies therefore how can you insist Burke needs to take a backseat when we don't even know what seat he is in currently....

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
From my understanding of Burke he likes to get is fingers in every pie; even if he doesn't need to be involved. I'm certain he's had a big say in the signings so far

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
He shouldn't have even taken a front seat, should be first in the firing line, closely followed by Jones.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Oscar needs to be allowed to sign his own players and Burke needs to take a back seat in proceedings if the club is going to progress at all next season in my opinion. I agree with another thread starter that a big clear out in personnel is needed, but if Burke is 'signing' these players it's effectively redundant who is in charge. The Barnes/Bridcutt money needs to be reinvested and the manager needs to be allowed to spend it end of.

No more namby pamby players who can pass but have no metal and prefer mincing around the pitch. Spanish by all means but we need grit and physicality in the team. Derby, stains when they went up, Hull, all have that metal to match skill. We're lightweight, pace and power please, not unphysical dainty passers

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We were promised Barcelona's surplus players when Oscar came in and we got Andrews, Obika, Lita etc as well as the massive waste of cash that was Agustien

No we weren't; you just assumed that.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I doubt anyone on NSC really knows what goes on at the club, which means threads like this are just witch-hunts.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Another person who never sees the Albion live can only abuse people, I find it quite sad really

You're welcome to the abuse. I tend to dish it out to pathetic wind up merchants who post constantly unfunny crap on message boards that they think we all find hilarious.

You're a grade A cock.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
I appreciate that I have a newly opened NSC account but I can assure you that he's not liked amongst a few people at the club.

This includes players and staff just below his level.

I too have heard that he is not liked by quite a few people.

Allegedly, we were close to signing a deal but the player pulled out after he met Burke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here