Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the moaning all about?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I for one think we've been poor for 75% of the season especially at home for a second season running when comparing it to away form. Bloody lucky to finish 6th (but what a day out for those who made it and there haven't been many of those) says more about the lack of quality in the rest of the division than how we have played look how poor our form was in the last 8 games of the season. Yes today is dispaointing but hardly a surprise.

I'm quite hopeful for next season give Oscar the whole off season to build his team and see how next season goes I think we'll be a lot better than this season even if we lose a few players as far as i'm concrened there are a few that can happily leave.

Bloom is not to blame he's doing what he should be giving us a great foundation for the future and if it takes 4 -5 seasons to get there so what at least we'll have some fun along the way.

Anyway June and the world cup is coming then we can really have a good moan about overpaid players underperforming :)

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Agree with all OP's comments.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Well said OP - common sense when so many trolls are calling for Oscar to resign etc. We need to be realistic, massive overhaul of the 1st team squad and push on again.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Didn't you just answer your own question? ???

I see what you're saying but in my opinion we've been dull, poor and downright inept in front of goal however we have still finished 6th. I can guarantee if next season we were still, dull, boring, negative but won every game 1-0 no one would be moaning now.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Well said. Just getting into the play offs was more than we deserved.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Poor for 75% of the season and you ask what's all the moaning about ?

We finished 6th in the Championship. That's something like our 10th best ever finish. If anyone wants to moan about that then, frankly, they can f uck off and support Man United.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We finished 6th in the Championship. That's something like our 10th best ever finish. If anyone wants to moan about that then, frankly, they can f uck off and support Man United.

Not really. It was as flakey a sixth finish as the seventh under Wilkins. Both highly flattering and horribly off the pace.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i'm relaxed and ok about it all - never once thought we would beat derby (maybe a little at 15mins during home game).

oscar needs to stay - make a few changes, and roll on as a football club :)

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
agree with your comments but the moaning is about the toothless 6-2 defeat we just suffered

When have we not been toothless in teh majority of games though struggling to draws at home never looking like really doing anything. These results are no great surpise to me it's a reflection of the majority of the 46 games that have gone before.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not really. It was as flakey a sixth finish as the seventh under Wilkins. Both highly flattering and horribly off the pace.

Ah yes, Lord B used to peddle that story about how finishing 7th with youth teamers was no big deal. 6th...Championship. Better than Blackburn, Reading, Leeds, Bolton....Christ how shit must they be then?

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
Saw some very poor efforts this season, never left early ( apart from the stoke game) when we got a draw against Sheffield Wed. Never, never thought we would be in the play offs. Yes we lost. We lost. That's where we are. The sky isn't falling. The debt collectors are not At our doors. We are still going to be 16/1 to get promotion next year.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
i'm relaxed and ok about it all - never once thought we would beat derby (maybe a little at 15mins during home game).

oscar needs to stay - make a few changes, and roll on as a football club :)

Agree, although an alternative suggestion seems to be get in a third manager in as many seasons and have a massive clear out of a squad who have finished in the play offs in the last two seasons.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ah yes, Lord B used to peddle that story about how finishing 7th with youth teamers was no big deal. 6th...Championship. Better than Blackburn, Reading, Leeds, Bolton....Christ how shit must they be then?

Like I say, both sixth this season and seventh under Wilkins were flattering in the extreme. IMHO. Obviously. Suspect some might well agree.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Flattering? We played 46 games and ended 6th. I reckon you get where you deserve after 46 games.

Can you honestly say that, based on your previous experience of watching the Albion, the level of performance you watched this season, particularly at the Amex, merited sixth place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here