Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Before everyone starts having a meltdown. Lets take stock and put things into perspective

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
1. This was Oscar Garcia's first season in charge of an English football team and he managed to steer us into the play-offs. Imagine what he can do next season with a full pre season to shape and strengthen the squad with HIS players.

2. The injuries received this season to key players were nothing short of horrendous. Our most expensive signing in history was out virtually all season whilst our best midfielder and striker also had lengthy spells out. Arguably you could say we over achieved in managing to still make the play offs.

3. We have a plethora of young talent bursting through into the first team. Ince has the potential to be our greatest ever midfielder whilst all 3 of March, Dunk and JFC show promise.

4. We have the most loyal fan base outside of the Premier League and comfortably the highest average attendance in the championship. Season ticket sales volumes are in the top 10 in the COUNTRY.

5. It is clear to see already from the relegated sides in the Prem that the championship next season may be slightly weaker than this season and will be wide open. We will be right up there vying for automatic promotion.

I for one am incredibly proud of our football clubs efforts this season and CANNOT WAIT for championship season 14/15 to begin. With a bit of better luck on the injury front and with some astute signings pre-season it could be a special one for us.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Ps: Forgot to add Walton to the list of young talent. I have heard that he has the potential to be an exceptional keeper.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Nah. You need to join in the panic stricken majority on here.

We are rubbish, utter shit complete garbage, utter tripe, total disasters, losers, wastrels, etc etc etc.

So glad I got that off my chest.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
1. This was Oscar Garcia's first season in charge of an English football team and he managed to steer us into the play-offs. Imagine what he can do next season with a full pre season to shape and strengthen the squad with HIS players.

2. The injuries received this season to key players were nothing short of horrendous. Our most expensive signing in history was out virtually all season whilst our best midfielder and striker also had lengthy spells out. Arguably you could say we over achieved in managing to still make the play offs.

3. We have a plethora of young talent bursting through into the first team. Ince has the potential to be our greatest ever midfielder whilst all 3 of March, Dunk and JFC show promise.

4. We have the most loyal fan base outside of the Premier League and comfortably the highest average attendance in the championship. Season ticket sales volumes are in the top 10 in the COUNTRY.

5. It is clear to see already from the relegated sides in the Prem that the championship next season may be slightly weaker than this season and will be wide open. We will be right up there vying for automatic promotion.

I for one am incredibly proud of our football clubs efforts this season and CANNOT WAIT for championship season 14/15 to begin. With a bit of better luck on the injury front and with some astute signings pre-season it could be a special one for us.

You could counter argue all these points. A plethora of young talent?

Leo's Goatee

Dec 30, 2013
Under Leo's mouth
March and JFC, would be good for league 1 and lower championship, not a club fighting for promotion

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014

Well Oscar just said in his interview that it's down to the club to bring in new players...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, how do you have time for this?

We have hateful angry things to post and you waste time with this crap?

Seriously?

WE ARE SH*T!

EVERYONE OUT!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Well Oscar just said in his interview that it's down to the club to bring in new players...

I would imagine by that he meant back him with the money to do it

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Nobody wants perspective. This is Brighton. We deserve to walk the league.
Anything iess is failure.

(Remind me next time someone's banging on about how obnoxious Scousers or ManU fans are...)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
March and JFC, would be good for league 1 and lower championship, not a club fighting for promotion

March is far better than league 1. His potential is massive.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013

Couldnt agree more.. Some smart offloading and smart buying will see us alright. However if its tits up by next Easter then Oz should walk..

Leo's Goatee

Dec 30, 2013
Under Leo's mouth
he has no end product, apart from the assist against Yeovil and the goal against Norwich, at least 90% of the time its a poor shot or cross

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

By 'Lets take stock and put things into perspective' don't you mean 'Lets fall in line with my personal opinion'. Most of your points are more than a tad happy-clappy. For that reason, I'm out. :wave:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I think we all know the obligatory melt down will ensue, as it has done most seasons. Defcon commence melt down for the next four days...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
he has no end product, apart from the assist against Yeovil and the goal against Norwich, at least 90% of the time its a poor shot or cross

You're absolutely right. I can't imagine why all those professional coaches and players that we have can't see it and keep on describing them as excellent prospects :facepalm:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Hopefully Oscar will build his team this summer.

I think March, Dunk, Ince will all continue to improve.

JFC may need to go down a division to get his confidence.

I suspect PIG will go - not too worried about that.

Sadly Calderon's best days may be behind him but I think that's obvious.

I hope Ward stays.

It may be time to let KLL go if a bid comes in as his resentment at being used as an impact sub will probably grow.

I think we'll be a decent side again next year. The championship will probably be a bit stronger though next year as the PL relegated teams will be stronger than the ones that came down last year.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
By 'Lets take stock and put things into perspective' don't you mean 'Lets fall in line with my personal opinion'. Most of your points are more than a tad happy-clappy. For that reason, I'm out. :wave:

Not at all. 90% of that is fact.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Hopefully Oscar will build his team this summer.

I think March, Dunk, Ince will all continue to improve.

JFC may need to go down a division to get his confidence.

I suspect PIG will go - not too worried about that.

Sadly Calderon's best days may be behind him but I think that's obvious.

I hope Ward stays.

It may be time to let KLL go if a bid comes in as his resentment at being used as an impact sub will probably grow.

I think we'll be a decent side again next year. The championship will probably be a bit stronger though next year as the PL relegated teams will be stronger than the ones that came down last year.

Agree with all of that but personally think the teams relegated this season are weaker than last season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here