Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughes goal

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
A complete fluke, not a flick. He missed the ball and it bounced off his standing leg. Typical of our luck this season.

What made it worse was watching an Albion player watch it go by instead of intercepting the ball and clearing it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could have done without him running straight over to us to celebrate it: it's not as though we'd been giving him any stick.

I thought that was a bit small of him to be honest. But a great finish from a talented player.

A complete fluke, not a flick. He missed the ball and it bounced off his standing leg. Typical of our luck this season.

Worse than LuaLua against Yeovil?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Could have done without him running straight over to us to celebrate it: it's not as though we'd been giving him any stick.

I thought that was a bit small of him to be honest. But a great finish from a talented player.

I think he actually ran towards the camera so it looked good on the telly!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just sums up our luckless season.

I'll accept that Derby undoubtedly had the rub of the green over two legs. But we weren't entirely luckless yesterday. That moment when Kuszczak kicked it against one of their strikers (Ward?)? I've still no idea how the ball bounced over the bar and not in, but there you go. A momentary escape.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll accept that Derby undoubtedly had the rub of the green over two legs. But we weren't entirely luckless yesterday. That moment when Kuszczak kicked it against one of their strikers (Ward?)? I've still no idea how the ball bounced over the bar and not in, but there you go. A momentary escape.

Plus even without some luck (in the 1st leg) they had enough to beat us anyway (IMHO)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Plus even without some luck (in the 1st leg) they had enough to beat us anyway (IMHO)

Their fans don't seem to think they were that good in the first leg. Aside from a twenty minute spell in the first half, I thought we generally contained them. Yesterday, they were blistering, & would have destroyed most teams in this league, never mind one with a defence constructed from the contents of the spares box.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Of course. PLus we have been both fortunate and unfortunate this season. Like every other season.

The main fortune in the previous weeks was playing Leicester on the back of their four-day bender. That started the run that took us to the play-offs.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Of course. PLus we have been both fortunate and unfortunate this season. Like every other season.

The main fortune in the previous weeks was playing Leicester on the back of their four-day bender. That started the run that took us to the play-offs.

And our first goal v Yeovil

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here