Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive squad overhaul needed in the summer...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuszczak obviously leaving, been off form anyway, back up keepers horrendous.

Two ageing Spanish right backs, neither of which can defend very well.

Again, two old centre backs, how much longer can they go on? Dunk seems a bit of a liability.

Ward won't be back now Wolves are back up and can offer better wages.

Ince could possibly be sold, head and shoulders about anything else we have.

Andrews presumably won't be back.

Agustien presumably not wanted despite having obvious talent.

Lopez and Rodriguez are very poor at best.

Will 'Kitson' Buckley can't stay fit for more than two weeks and has lost all form.

Lingard clearly won't return to this.

Mackail-Smith will never score enough at this level but can't fault his effort.

Ulloa spends more time throwing tantrums than looking for the ball.

Oscar is negativity personified.

Jones is a puppet.

Burke is a buffoon.

Doesn't leave a great deal does it?

Feb 14, 2010
Great noise from the brighton fans. I just wish that instead of left right side brighton boys it would be "who's the losers on the pitch" . No clapping the players off

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Again, two old centre backs, how much longer can they go on? Dunk seems a bit of a liability.

Will 'Kitson' Buckley can't stay fit for more than two weeks and has lost all form.

Jones is a puppet.

Burke is a buffoon.

Have to agree with that.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

Jones is a puppet.

Burke is a buffoon.

bit of a prick aren't you???

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I like this thread, I say all these sort of things when I'm pissed but can never remember clearly, thanks for the transcript.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Had we gone up, we could have been the worst team in Pl history. We have nothing to build on at the moment best start from the beginning and hopefully do it in a couple of years when we have a core of squad players that will go through the ranks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kneejerk nonsense, OP. Let's kill everyone over 30, you're a football genius.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit drastic, but all 3 keepers, Calde, Bruno, Orlandi, Andrews all need replacing at least. We seriously need to improve middle of the park. Last 2 legs was like watching League One vs Championship. Struggled to keep the ball, slow to react.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oscars last few words in his interview ... Was asked whether he was going to bring in experience in the summer and his reply was ' you'll have to ask the club not me ' ..... Interesting

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Oscars last few words in his interview ... Was asked whether he was going to bring in experience in the summer and his reply was ' you'll have to ask the club not me ' ..... Interesting

That was quite a statement wasn't it? I take that(rightly or wrongly) to say he won't be here next season and who can blame him.

He clearly has no control over transfers despite the club saying otherwise.

I know Oscar picks the team, but I hope Mr Burke is already scouring through Bosmans, free transfers and possible new players. If not he needs to go!

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston

I picked up on that too.. doesn't bode very well looks like another few months of drama lol

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Had we gone up, we could have been the worst team in Pl history. We have nothing to build on at the moment best start from the beginning and hopefully do it in a couple of years when we have a core of squad players that will go through the ranks.
I wouldn't say that. Ulloa is a decent striker who is contracted to us for another couple of years, Ince has been a revelation, Dunk looks ready to step up to the starting line up, March has improvement in him. That is a decent enough core to start with.

There is obviously some dead wood to get rid of and you are right that the PL would have been a struggle. Lets see how the summer goes, and I guarantee that we'll all be feeling a lot more positive come the start of next season.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I wouldn't say that. Ulloa is a decent striker who is contracted to us for another couple of years, Ince has been a revelation, Dunk looks ready to step up to the starting line up, March has improvement in him. That is a decent enough core to start with.

There is obviously some dead wood to get rid of and you are right that the PL would have been a struggle. Lets see how the summer goes, and I guarantee that we'll all be feeling a lot more positive come the start of next season.

Ulloa, Ince, Stephens possibly Dunk and March. Calderon tries hard, Bruno has his moments. It's the barest of bare bones.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ulloa, Ince, Stephens possibly Dunk and March. Calderon tries hard, Bruno has his moments. It's the barest of bare bones.
There is sure to be a big clear out in the summer which will free up a load of wages. FFP will mean a surplus of players coming on to the market. We'll be well placed to recruit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here