Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you confident, nervous or have you given up?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I'm usually a bit of a pessimist. However this afternoon I'm really nervous. Somewhere deep down I really believe we have a genuine chance .

Its made worse by taking off for Berlin at 6.10pm! By the time I land it will be all over!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I wouldn't write us off yet. I wiuld say we've been pretty dire for 75% of games this season but still sneaked 6th. Maybe just Maybe it's not over yet.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Of course we have a chance! Away wins against Leicester & Forest in the last few weeks should give the team confidence. First goal is so important!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
never
never give up no matter what happens

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Not sure how I feel at minute,,excited yes at prospect of success, apprehensive that we don't turn up and push for win, and gearing myself up for possible disappointment...( whilst still telling myself we have done well this year following a terrible summer, player recruitment awful all season so lots to look forwards to) lots of feelings at minute.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
1-2 down at half time. Definitely not out of it unless they score first. All to play for and if we start like we did for the first 20 mins then they will be worried. Keep the faith.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Ive gotta be honest I'm not hopeful. I've sort of resigned myself to another season in what is a fantastic division. I have the feeling Derby will shoot out of the traps and go for it.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I'm hoping for a trip to Wembley, but I wouldn't be losing sleep if we lost today. Just a bit gutted. There's always the world cup next month and a fresh new season to look forward to.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have low expectations and am dreading either us performing badly and failing to get a result, or performing really well but failing to get the result and feeling like we've been screwed by the footballing gods.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Expecting to go out, hoping to go through. The only worry for me is that we don't perform and it is an embarrassing exit, though I don't see that as likely.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was full of hope after the first leg, but this has progressed to realistic pessimism. We've not had an away win against a decent side apart from Leicester, and let's be honest, they were not at their best. Next best away win I think was probably 1-0 against Wigan (prior to manager change), and maybe Bolton, who Derby are much better than.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm far more confident than history suggests, and the position between the two teams suggests -- Derby at home, Derby a goal ahead, Derby having beaten us three out of three this season. Not so sure if this is down to the fact that: we're improving and played pretty well against Derby on Thursday; we've done well away from home in the Midlands, and when it mattered, of late; I'm just happy to be in the play-offs; Derby's style of play will give us a chance; we're due a bit of luck against them -- it's probably all of these.

larus

Before this season started, I was expecting about a mid table finish. So, I feel we've over-achieved. That's not a defeatist view; it's a pragmatic opinion.
I still feel we have a chance, but my expectation is that we will fall a bit short. Of course, I'm hoping we click and get a result, but if we don't I will still view it as a good season. How many seasons have we had a higher finish than this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here