Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 34,000

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Heads up this is all we get if we get through to wembley, not enough ,where's the other 22k going with both teams only getting 34k each, us , derby , qpr would easily take that Wigan no, gonna be a nightmare trying to make everyone happy, oh well maybe another year in championship then go up automatically no stress of a ticket binfest

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The rest are neutral, corporate tickets, club wembley etc.

It's always sad seeing a relatively large chunk of Wembley not fussed about the game or even not showing up - such a waste. Even allowing for the prawn sandwiches, you could still up the actual fans to 40k a side.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
34,000 is more than enough.

We have about 23,000 loyal fans (called season ticket holders and 1901ers). We have about 5,000 loyal long distance fans who are too far away to warrant a season ticket but who trawl the motorways for our away games and sing-up loud. So that leaves about 6,000 tickets for the day-trippers and JCLs who want the glory day at Wembley, without having to put in the hard work to get us there. If there are 24,000 of them, then I don't think they deserve more than a 1 in 4 chance of getting one of the 6,000 remaining tickets.

See? Plenty!

By the way, I am a 300 mile round trip season ticket holder, and so are my 3 lads, and we did at least half the away games. So I'm confident we'd qualify for tickets for Wembley. I'm just not as confident that we'll actually get there!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
sake, will some people never learn.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
1. It's enough considering we only got 27k with 24.5k home fans for our biggest game ever at home at Amex.

2. We won't get there so it's irrelevant ;)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

We have about 23,000 loyal fans (called season ticket holders and 1901ers). We have about 5,000 loyal long distance fans who are too far away to warrant a season ticket but who trawl the motorways for our away games and sing-up loud. So that leaves about 6,000 tickets for the day-trippers and JCLs who want the glory day at Wembley, without having to put in the hard work to get us there. If there are 24,000 of them, then I don't think they deserve more than a 1 in 4 chance of getting one of the 6,000 remaining tickets.

See? Plenty!

By the way, I am a 300 mile round trip season ticket holder, and so are my 3 lads, and we did at least half the away games. So I'm confident we'd qualify for tickets for Wembley. I'm just not as confident that we'll actually get there!

This, anyone who deserve a ticket would get one.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
34k be about right . Think we took 32k in 91 and 28k Cardiff . Thur shows we are peaking about 28k so 34k would be plenty . No one would miss out

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

See? Plenty!

So what about the people who can't afford to go regularly or the people who have to work on Saturdays or have other commitments? Are they included in your 6000 day trippers and JCLs? Do they not deserve more then a 1 in 4 chance of seeing the game because they are not super fans like you?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

See? Plenty!

That's very harsh. A lot of people have arrangements that don't lend them to attending matches very often, not least because they cannot afford to do so. Football is not their first priority in life, there are more pressing things to concern themselves with. Many people support Albion from a distance, it doesn't matter, it's of no consequence. Unless they were given equal priority, which they are not.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014

See? Plenty!

Melt

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
34k be about right . Think we took 32k in 91 and 28k Cardiff . Thur shows we are peaking about 28k so 34k would be plenty . No one would miss out

25,000 to the 1st game in 1983
30,000 to the replay

32,000 which went up to 34,000 in 1991

quoted 27,000 up to 30,000 in all fairness around 28,000 in 2004

It would be enough...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
If people have more important things to do, or Albion is not a high priority in their life, then I'm sorry, they ain't "fans", they are 'interested occasional followers'.

It's on the telly for people like that - they can still fit in their 'other priorities' and won't have to pay the unaffordable train fares or ticket prices either. These people can do what they normally do, stay at home, and/or watch it on the tellybox.

No-one loses out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here