Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince must start in place of Forster-Caskey

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He has to play against a team who attack with pace and power. JFC made their attackers look like Real Madrid at times as he chased shadows. I think the decision to just stick with the same team (the same team who looked pretty inept against a poor Forest team until subs were made) showed how poor Oscar is tactically really. I can,t help thinking we made the playoffs on the back of a strong spine of players and am worried if we have the right man for next year whatever league we're in.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Jake was caught up thinking of his goal of the season award.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He has to play against a team who attack with pace and power. JFC made their attackers look like Real Madrid at times as he chased shadows. I think the decision to just stick with the same team (the same team who looked pretty inept against a poor Forest team until subs were made) showed how poor Oscar is tactically really. I can,t help thinking we made the playoffs on the back of a strong spine of players and am worried if we have the right man for next year whatever league we're in.

It really angers me that people feel the need to slag off our manager in the middle of the play off semi final. It sounds like there have been issues with Ince's fitness recently (as there often are when young players play their first full season of first team football). But you use it to slag off a manager who has taken us to 6th in his first full season despite having lots of key players out long term with injury. Pathetic

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I agree, and if Upson isn't 100% fit then Dunk should play.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It really angers me that people feel the need to slag off our manager in the middle of the play off semi final. It sounds like there have been issues with Ince's fitness recently (as there often are when young players play their first full season of first team football). But you use it to slag off a manager who has taken us to 6th in his first full season despite having lots of key players out long term with injury. Pathetic

Agreed. The way some people are going on, you would think that we were in the play-offs for relegation, not promotion.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ince for me every time.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Agree. Don't want to write off JFC but he looked very weak on Thursday and can't believe that Ince would be a worse prospect. Think the former would benefit from some consolidation (loan spell?) or he may become a bit of a Jonah.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Fully agree that Ince should start ahead of JFC, too lightweight tried to emulate his goal of the season only to give the ball away which led to their penalty, also should have made a foul on the player as he ran through the half way line, inexperience showed greatly! I totally disagree about Oscar bring replaced, this guy has got us in the play offs with the loss of several key players through injury, and losing 2 of his best players in January to other clubs. So if he gets us up or not I for one will be more than happy to see him n the dugout next season! Seagulls!!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As was Upson with his Player of the season award. Perhaps, in future, these won't be awarded until the season is officially over.

more likely Upson isn't fit...poor by his standards on thursday...ive never seen him misplace so many passes ....Dunk in he isn't up to speed

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ince and Andrews together simply doesn't work.

So who are you replacing Andrews with if Ince plays ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
more likely Upson isn't fit...poor by his standards on thursday...ive never seen him misplace so many passes ....Dunk in he isn't up to speed

You don't need to be fit to know that you don't tackle a player going away from goal in the penalty area. It was awful and unnecessary.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I agree with JFC not starting, but I'm not sure on Ince starting. When played together before it didn't work very well. But I think one of the reasons it didn't was that when they won the ball, Ince often wasted in when he got into a more attacking area. So I think I would play Ince how Andrews has been played lately, and push Andrews up to where JFC has been playing because he has more attacking ability then Ince.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
JFC is a very talented young prospect, but he looked nervous on Thursday and was making lots of mistakes that he normally wouldn't do. Derby cut through our midfield with relative ease, Ince should be given the starting role today.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You don't need to be fit to know that you don't tackle a player going away from goal in the penalty area. It was awful and unnecessary.

but then i hadn't mentioned that part of his play...but now u have i would certainly be surprised that having an award would have effected his decision making knowing how experienced he is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here