Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the club exercise the 1 year extension on LuaLua's contract?

Well?

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Wondering what people think? He hasn't performed brilliantly this season and still seemingly can't play 90 minutes regularly, but still offers a bit of a creative spark when coming off the bench. Obviously Oscar knows much more about his fitness than we do, but you are the manager, do you keep him or let him go?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
100% keep I actually think he will score at Derby just a weird hunch.

Strangely on the eve of a massive match why the hell are people starting in my view some what negative threads about players? firstly TK and now Lua Lua :shrug:

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I think this is a daft poll. He's still raw, over energetic, sometimes woeful but always, ALWAYS exciting. From him comes the unexpected...not always good but must certainly plays on the mind of the opposition, especially when he comes on as super-sub. Please let's keep Kaz, watch him grow and enjoy

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If he wants to stay, keep him. If he'd rather try his luck elsewhere best not to have him if he's not fully committed.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think this is a daft poll. He's still raw, over energetic, sometimes woeful but always, ALWAYS exciting. From him comes the unexpected...not always good but must certainly plays on the mind of the opposition, especially when he comes on as super-sub. Please let's keep Kaz, watch him grow and enjoy

Why's it daft? Just gauging the general opinion.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Give him 2 or 3 years!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Keep him, there will be enough upheaval with players who are out of contract anyway and others leaving if the price is right

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Keep. Would love to see him work hard on his final delivery though. He has te ability to hit the byline at times and deliver some appauling crosses.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yeah he's one to keep. T'would be good to see him develop as a team player so that his entire usage moves on from being that explosive element that has us on the edge of our seats but so rarely has us leap in celebration. His defensive side has certainly improved already, but his vision and ballplay can obviously get seriously better so that he becomes an intelligent force.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Keep for me, and I think they will. He's usually the first sub that Oscar brings on, and he often changes the game.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Don't extend... Give him a new contract!

At 60mins in to the game, when subbed on, he never fails to change the pace of the game.

He has a massive role to play in our squad - not necessarily that of a 90mins week-in-week-out winger.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
100% keep I actually think he will score at Derby just a weird hunch.

Strangely on the eve of a massive match why the hell are people starting in my view some what negative threads about players? firstly TK and now Lua Lua :shrug:

How in any way is it a negative thread? I was just wondering if people would like to see us retain him or not? Sorry for the offence caused.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Public poll so I won't vote.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
It's a no from me. I'd rather see the money go towards a winger who has a decent final ball, doesn't go down too easily, isn't so inconsistent and can start games throughout the season.

LuaLua can be brilliant, but those games aren't often enough. It's a shame we didn't get Conway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am on the fence as he opens up teams when comes on but then for a winger his crosses are generally awful. Not sure that he does enough to warrant a new contract. Like most it depends on who are released by their clubs during the summer

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here