Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby forum

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Had a quick butchers at the Derby forum just now. Most of them are unsurprisingly predicting a comfortable win for the Rams tomorrow afternoon.

This offering from RampantRam got my attention: 'Can't see them getting more than 1 at the iPro. 2-1 FGS Hendrick. Bring on the final'.

Reminded me of the swell of overconfidence(including myself) before we went into our semi final 2nd leg last year.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They could well be right, although I do think that the 2-1 loss on Thursday was a little unjust on the balance of play. You never know, we might get a bit of luck ourselves.

:)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hardly surprising they are confident and rightly so. I simply cannot see out getting the right result there.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It would be amazing if we could get past them. However, I feel they are a little too strong. Although we had a lot of possession and play on Thursday it was clear that they were playing for that. They soaked it up and played superbly on the counter

The game tomorrow should be more open and we will need a bit of luck on our side this time to get through.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Difference is, they have a lead going into the home leg. Fully understandable that they're very confident

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
It would be amazing if we could get past them. However, I feel they are a little too strong. Although we had a lot of possession and play on Thursday it was clear that they were playing for that. They soaked it up and played superbly on the counter

The game tomorrow should be more open and we will need a bit of luck on our side this time to get through.

This. We dominated possession but not the danger areas. They played for that and did it very well. I can't see us getting out of it but you never know. If we play like we did in the first twenty I can see us nicking it.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Hold the front page. Derby fans in predicting their own team to win shocker.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Everything points to them beating us. They have a lead. They have home advantage. They have beaten us three times so far this season. They score goals for fun.

But there is always the chance of the imponderable: that little stroke of luck that spins a tie on its head. It's why we come back week after week, year after year.

Bring it on.

:bhasign:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Everything points to them beating us. They have a lead. They have home advantage. They have beaten us three times so far this season. They score goals for fun.

But there is always the chance of the imponderable: that little stroke of luck that spins a tie on its head. It's why we come back week after week, year after year.

Bring it on.

:bhasign:

In normal circumstances you would say we are complete underdogs with no chance however how many times have we clawed back from a supposed lost position, I really think I would be more worried if we were 2 goals up going into this game.
Brighton love playing the underdog, so Derby be afraid be very afraid.

southstandSam

May 5, 2014
I am a Derby season ticket holder and will of course be at the game tomorrow as i was at the Amex on Thursday.

I am am member of Come On You Rams forum and i have to say this forum seems to have an awful lot of knowledgeable level headed members who welcome the views/thoughts of outsiders just like our forum.

I have to say that i am always a glass half empty sort of guy and probably focus on negatives instead of the positives that come out of games, with that said i am approaching the game tomorrow with nervousness for a couple of different reasons.

Firstly Brighton have nothing at all to lose and whilst i don't expect you to go hell for leather straight away i feel that you can control the game by being patient and stifling us.

Secondly we are quite vulnerable when teams dictate the play and on a number of occasions this season teams have done a number on us at home and we struggle to break teams down.

Without sounding arrogant if we play with purpose and intensity we will score goals, your defence is very good but we are hard to stop when we are allowed to play.

On Thursday in all honesty i thought we were bloody awful and extremely fortunate to have won the game, we played very deep and allowed you to come on to us far too easily i doubt we will play like that again so if you get chances you need to put them away.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I see that you're planning a spontaneous pitch invasion tomorrow.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
You've got the right to be optimistic about tomorrow I guess and to be honest, We've nothing to lose. Maybe another year In the championship will do us some good as I feel now we've over achieved somewhat. Either way, whatever tomorrows result. I can say now. I'm not going to be too disappointed. May the best team win on the day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here