Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
We're almost halfway through one of the most interesting draft processes since I've been watching the NFL and I honestly can't think of a team who are nailed on to have a bad season.

Some draft highlights:
Jadeveon "most talented DL on the planet" Clowney #1 overall to the Texans
UCF QB Blake Bortles to Jackonsville #3 overall
Buffalo trades up to #4 to get Sammy Watkins
Cleveland trade up to #22 to get Johnny Football
The Patriots a 2nd round QB in Jimmy Garoppolo, the highest since Drew Bledsoe

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
i'm no expert, been watching the NFL for a few years but first time i've really given any time to the draft. Really intrigued to see Bortles in action for the Jags, especially considering the guys they've bought in at WR too. I think the Buccs taking Mike Evans could be a great pick as McCown proved last season that if you give him 2 big WRs to throw at he can be an explosive QB - will certainly be considering McCown, Jackson or Evans for my fantasy team. Also thought the 49ers had a solid first couple of days, Stevie Johnson is a good pick up considering the price but im not entirely sure he offers more of a deep threat than Crabtree and Boldin.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Lol, I made a draft and beyond topic and it got ignored, didn't think anyone was interested but thankfully now there is!

Bears brought in Fuller, Ego and Sutton. If Sutton is indeed at 290lbs I think he could be a great pick. We need a safety in these last few rounds.

Do you lot do a fantasy football league? NFL.com is opening it's leagues up for registration since the 6th. I can make one and have 9 other register if interested?

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Lol, I made a draft and beyond topic and it got ignored, didn't think anyone was interested but thankfully now there is!

Bears brought in Fuller, Ego and Sutton. If Sutton is indeed at 290lbs I think he could be a great pick. We need a safety in these last few rounds.

Do you lot do a fantasy football league? NFL.com is opening it's leagues up for registration since the 6th. I can make one and have 9 other register if interested?

Jared Allen on the Bears is just scary.

There have been fantasy leagues in the past, [MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION] normally runs a few leagues. I did however use LeagueSafe.com last year which allows for a little wager to be put on the league so if people were up for that, I could set one up.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Don't follow the college game so can only go on what I'm told by journalists and other 'experts'. Must say I'm a bit surprised by the Bortles pick; would have thought the Jaguars could have traded down to get him.
[MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION] I'm up for a fantasy league if you get one going.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I'm a Vikings fan, proper happy with Teddy Bridgewater.

Yeah, I thought they did well to get him. Still baffled as to why his stock fell so drastically off the back of one allegedly dodgy pro day. He was the best quarterback available based on performance in actual games, by all accounts.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bortles to the Jags as #3 overall is interesting, you'd expect a starter for such a high draft pick but GM Caldwell and Coach Bradley insist Chad Henne :)nono:) is the starting QB. Jags struck lucky as they were only expecting to get 1 WR so landing Robinson and Lee was huge bonus, especially as Blackmon appears to be unavailable for the foreseeable future, with CSIII and Ace Sanders they finally have options. Considering Bradley's defensive heritage he's made a real statement in the fraft so far.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Yeah, I thought they did well to get him. Still baffled as to why his stock fell so drastically off the back of one allegedly dodgy pro day. He was the best quarterback available based on performance in actual games, by all accounts.

Easily. He usually wins where he goes, plus we were extremely weak in the QB area. People wanted Johhny Manziel after his pro day performance, but Bridgewater is overall way better.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Easily. He usually wins where he goes, plus we were extremely weak in the QB area. People wanted Johhny Manziel after his pro day performance, but Bridgewater is overall way better.

IMO Johnny Football is the most equipped to start now, I think Bridgewater and Bortles are the superior prospects.

pacman

Jul 27, 2008
Farnborough
Pleased with the Jets draft so far. Amaro and Pryor are upgrades on what we had. Hopefully add some OL help and Rex seems to like Tajh Boyd so wouldn't be surprised if we picked him up somewhere.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
does anyone take a decent interest in College Football?

I've heard along with this huge ego Johnny Football could well back it up, was surprised to see him so low down....although not surprised to see his 'money' gesture as he walked on. He'll be up against some of the hardest hitters and coldest conditions up there though so could be interesting

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton

I've heard along with this huge ego Johnny Football could well back it up, was surprised to see him so low down....although not surprised to see his 'money' gesture as he walked on. He'll be up against some of the hardest hitters and coldest conditions up there though so could be interesting

I do, I got to see him play at Cowboys Stadium in the AT&T Cotton Bowl a couple years ago. He blew us apart and was a great college QB. Not surprised at all to see him down at #22, just cannot see how his game will translate and think there's a strong possibility of him getting hurt early in his career.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
IMO Johnny Football is the most equipped to start now, I think Bridgewater and Bortles are the superior prospects.

Based of my vague knowledge of him, his ability to play football is the only thing not in doubt. Everything else about him, from his maturity to his work ethic to his campus antics while at A&M, seems to suck. If the Browns can keep him under control then I think he can be a solid player for them, but I question whether or not they can. There's a reason he was #22.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I do believe [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] is something of a college football (as well as NFL) fan, yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here