Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knocking out a team you've lost to three times in a season

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just racking my brains for some examples. I think it's happened in the Champions League where a team has lost home and away group matches to their opponents before losing again in the first leg, before over-turning the deficit.

But it's a Saturday morning and I can't remember. But if anyone can, please let me know!

Hopefully the vast pool of knowledge within NSC can identify an example... :)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Perhaps we could play with two strikers, and attack from the off, as even a draw won't suffice ???

I daresay however we will play our usual conservative 4-1-4-1 and capitulate without a whimper :nono:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I can only remember Arsenal ever beating us four times in one season.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
All the matches have been quite even so we've been unfortunate to lose all of them. We are certainly due some luck tomorrow.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can only remember Arsenal ever beating us four times in one season.

It would have to involve the League Cup and/or the FA Trophy, unless we were drawn again in the FA Cup.

We were beaten three times by Fulham one year, but one of those involved penalties. (League and FA Cup). There probably is an instance somewhere.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It would have to involve the League Cup and/or the FA Trophy, unless we were drawn again in the FA Cup.

We were beaten three times by Fulham one year, but one of those involved penalties. (League and FA Cup). There probably is an instance somewhere.

Yes, in 1979/80, we lost in League Cup, FA Cup and twice in the League to Arsenal. Mind you, we did get one draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here