[Official Site] Macca: No Need to Panic

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
mackail-smith-press-09may14-ld229-1544690_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
07:00 10th May 2014
by Ben Soro-Perez
If we can start the game at Derby the way we did on Thursday night then we'll put ourselves in a good position"
Craig Mackail-Smith
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Craig Mackail-Smith has urged his Brighton & Hove Albion team-mates to remain calm as they prepare turn around a 2-1 deficit against Derby County on Sunday.
The forward, who showed plenty of endeavour when he came on as a substitute in the first-leg, has urged the side to show patience as they go in search of an equaliser.
"The most important thing is getting a positive start and not panicking because we're a goal down," he told seagulls.co.uk. "We've got to be patient because we don't want to find ourselves 15-20 minutes in, 2-0 down and chasing the game.
"We've got 90 minutes to get the goal we need to level the scores so there is no need to panic.
"Hopefully, taking this approach, we'll get the goal we need and, if not, then we can look at speeding the game up and getting the ball forward and go from there.
"But, if we can start the game at Derby the way we did on Thursday night then we'll put ourselves in a good position.
"We've been fantastic away – hard to break down and hard to get past and we've scored too but, like I said, we've got to be patient on Sunday and do what we've planned.
"Obviously they have the advantage from the first leg but it's far from done. We've a lot of positives to take from the game so we'll work hard over the next couple of days and then it's all or nothing so we'll be doing everything we can possibly do and hopefully it'll be enough."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Scottish International missed a large chunk of the season through injury and admits the season is ending too soon for his liking.

"It is frustrating that the season is coming to an end soon but my injuries have dictated when I've been able to come back.
"I've got to be happy that I'm back playing and involved in the play-offs – something I didn't see happening at the start of the season.*
"So I'm just enjoying it all and if I have any input into the game on Sunday then it would be perfect."*

2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here