Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar: We Can Make History

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Oscar Garcia says his side are capable if making history by becoming the first team to overturn a first-leg deficit in the Championship play-offs.
No side has ever recovered from losing the first leg to progress to the final but Brighton & Hove Albion’s head coach says his team are using it as extra motivation.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We showed that we can come back from behind as we did at Forest and the most important thing is to believe we can do it and make history. It is another motivation for us.
“We have shown that we can beat teams away from home, we never give up and the tie is very much alive.
“The performance against Derby was one of the best we have had here at the Amex and we go there to get a result.
“We need to be more clinical in front of goal and we will go there to have a go; obviously it's much more difficult but we know that we have to go there to win. We just need to be focused on winning the game and that's it.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Oscar admitted that if his side can reach the top flight it will rank as the highest achievement in his short managerial career.
“Taking Brighton to Wembley and possibly the Premier League would be my greatest achievement because I am a young manager.
"The title I won in Tel Aviv is very important to me and we made history in the Barcelona youth department because in my first year we won all the titles, but to take Brighton to the Premier League would be the best.
“As a player you feel different because you are part of a group and you have a manager but, as the manager, you are in control of more things and it's different.
"It's a good thing for a manager to have been a professional player because you can understand how the dressing room works - and you understand and know how a manager is feeling as a result. You have to stay calm as a manager."*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here