Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£75 million for finishing 11th in the Premier League

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactly. This means that lot up the road are rolling in it.

The team that finishes bottom - Cardiff will earn more than last seasons champs Utd.

Madness.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This shows what's really wrong in football. That amount of money is ludicrous but nobody would dare touch the Premier League so they have to come up with proposals like introducing B teams. The Premier League and Sky money are what's to blame for the problems English football has.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Explain how palace have been crap over a season ..........

5ypusyhy.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If you took a long term view, if we got promoted, kept the same team, finished bottom what would that be worth
70 million or so giving us say 60 million profit add the parachute payments for the following season and we could buy a team to smash the championship and compete in the premier league.

Or is that too simplistic.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
These are mind-boggling sums of money. How brilliant would it be if some of that came Tony Bloom's way as a massively-deserved return on his investment.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If you took a long term view, if we got promoted, kept the same team, finished bottom what would that be worth
70 million or so giving us say 60 million profit add the parachute payments for the following season and we could buy a team to smash the championship and compete in the premier league.

Or is that too simplistic.

Do it twice and we can pay the stadium costs off.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
So what? Who follows the Albion so the club and it's players can become rich(er)?

I want us to get promoted, but for the GLORY not the cash (which none of us will see) - in fact it will cost us a lot more £ to watch fewer matches.

PG

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I must say that I still feel there is a lot of myths built up about how much money a club promoted to the Premier will make. People see a figure of £65 million banded about for finishing bottom and equate that with profit. Its not because the club finishing bottom has probably spent that and quite a bit more in trying to stay up.

How much did Manchester City lose last year, £120 million wasn't it. Apart from Arsenal and a handful of others there are very few making any sort of profit. Ok, its argued that you would have 4 years parachute monies when you come back down, so why are we talking about Reading going into possible admin, QPR losing a stack of cash this year, Birmingham and Blackburn basically bust.

Next year the monies available in the PL from Sky & BT are going up again but as has happened before it will end up being spent on ever higher wages, agent and transfer fees so I bet you the clubs won't be any better off.

So if we go up as far as I can see we get 8 games less, probably pay 20% more for our tickets and get stuffed nearly every week. Not too attractive for me but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I must say that I still feel there is a lot of myths built up about how much money a club promoted to the Premier will make. People see a figure of £65 million banded about for finishing bottom and equate that with profit. Its not because the club finishing bottom has probably spent that and quite a bit more in trying to stay up.

How much did Manchester City lose last year, £120 million wasn't it. Apart from Arsenal and a handful of others there are very few making any sort of profit. Ok, its argued that you would have 4 years parachute monies when you come back down, so why are we talking about Reading going into possible admin, QPR losing a stack of cash this year, Birmingham and Blackburn basically bust.

Next year the monies available in the PL from Sky & BT are going up again but as has happened before it will end up being spent on ever higher wages, agent and transfer fees so I bet you the clubs won't be any better off.

So if we go up as far as I can see we get 8 games less, probably pay 20% more for our tickets and get stuffed nearly every week. Not too attractive for me but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

I agree, despite the massive payouts some (most?) PL clubs will still run at a loss. And some will lose enough to run foul of FFP rules.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here