Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eurovision success good for the Albion

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Last time the UK won Eurovision was the evening of the Hereford game in 1997 and what a day that was.

Saturday night we are one of the favourites. If she brings home the biggest singing competition in the universe we could just do it on Sunday.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We are more likely to finish stone last as nobody in Europe likes us apart from our jobs and benefit money

I used to be a fan of yours, now I'm getting a bit bored.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Last time the UK won Eurovision was the evening of the Hereford game in 1997 and what a day that was.

Saturday night we are one of the favourites. If she brings home the biggest singing competition in the universe we could just do it on Sunday.

Brilliant thread, you are clutching at more straws than a thatcher with 4 hands. But i defy anyone to find a better reason for winning.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I think this year they should skip the music and just go straight to the voting, the music has nothing to do with it anymore!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The UK also won in 1981, at time when the Albion finished 19th in the First Division, escaping relegation: Palace finished bottom and went down.

As the UK won't win this time, however, that omen is null and void.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A pedant writes: the Hereford game was a 1-1 draw, which would do us precisely sod all good tomorrow.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
ABBA won in 1972 at the Dome in Brighton, 42 years ago, which is divisible by the numbers 2, 3, 6 & 7, and with seven being a lucky number it must be a good omen for tomorrow.

They won in 1974.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sweden look nailed on to me.

Anagram of Sweden is We Ends

Make of that what you want.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Gordan Greer has a beard and likes to wear a dress.

Just saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here