Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pound for pound who's the best ...

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
.... Value for money?

So in your opinion which striker has proved to be the best value pound for pound for the seagulls ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Got to be Wardy, surely? Bought for £4k; sold for (disputed) £400k and still holds the record for most goals in a season for us.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
100k for Bobby, has to be him.

EDIT: if Peter Ward really was bought for 4k, I'm changing my vote.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
100k for Bobby, has to be him.

EDIT: if Peter Ward really was bought for 4k, I'm changing my vote.

I don't think there's much dispute about the £4k. There's plenty about the £400k because it was as part of a three-way transfer, but £400k is the number that I've heard most times.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Gary Hart. What, a bag of track suits and a whole chunk of years and goals in return.

I don't know if it's actually true, but I was once told by a Gillingham fan that they signed Steve Bruce early in his career for a set of track suits from a non league team. If that's right then that really was a bargain!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Robbie Reinelt?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Adam Virgo - came through the junior ranks, sold for 1.5 million, then resigned on a free transfer. Maybe not on the number of goals scored, but he scored some incredibly important ones.

Actually this is a very good shout

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Gary Hart. What, a bag of track suits and a whole chunk of years and goals in return.

And some match balls i think too,it's a great story and is what its all about,fantastic stuff.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes I think I agree

Shame the best forward to be produced by the club started out as a defender,perhaps we should produce better forward players,but for one reason or other we really only seem to produce good defenders,perhaps a sign that we are a defensive minded club over the years.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Leon Knight cant have weighed very much when he was with us. Scored a few goals and the play-off winner.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Tremendous work from whoever did this to OGH's Wikipedia page:

Gary Hart is among the fans favourite at Eastbourne Borough due to his tremendous skill and his eye for goal. He is also a fan favourite because of his gorgeous looks.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here