Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham pubs

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The Buckingham is ok-ish. Crabtree, I've no idea as I haven't been in there for years. Crown and Anchor is decent. If real ale is your thing, then The Duke of Wellington on Brighton Road is the place for you.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Crabtree was more like a wine bar sort of place when I last went in a couple of years ago_OK though

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The last couple of weeks the police have been called to the Buckingham because of trouble

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
The last couple of weeks the police have been called to the Buckingham because of trouble

God that must have changed, The Burrell yes, (yeah know its a wine bar or something now) Buckingham was the posh pub when I lived in Shoreham

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
God that must have changed, The Burrell yes, (yeah know its a wine bar or something now) Buckingham was the posh pub when I lived in Shoreham

Quite. Its been several years since I lived over that way, but The Buckingham was always the okay place with The Burrell being well dodgy. I knew the Burrell had changed to an Italian/Pizza bistro type place but never knew about the Crabtree changing too.

The gentrification of Shoreham is gathering pace. :down:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Went in Buckingham for a pint, seemed a proper pub, full of characters, now in Crabtree, virtually empty, trying to be upmarket, but on first impressions is failing

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
They're both okay, have their nuances, but fine for a couple of beers with your mates. The Crab has so much potential though, hopefully someone will recognise it one day and reorganise the place and NOT constantly close it for 'private parties' of a Saturday night....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There was a Shoreham pub thread a few weeks back. There might be some useful stuff in there if you can find it.

The Burrells is now a great little Italian called Brio.

The Buckingham has cheap beer and a good choice of real ales, right opposite the taxi rank, but has a strict no kids policy, even on one side of the decking out the front.

The Crab (Crabtree) is a nicely kept Fullers pub. Basic Brake brothers kind of food but sensible prices and polite staff. Nice garden out the back with kids stuff and a nice nook to the back of the main bar with a fire in the winter.

The Ferry on the corner of East Street seems fairly quiet these days. Has a bit of a old locals bar downstairs.

The Crown (Crown and Anchor) has a bit of a big pub/club mentality but is a very average Shoreham pub with an expensive restaurant combined with patrons from the more challenging corners of society, and a pool table to boot. Often open later than most at the weekend, this place even comes with a jumped up bouncer who thinks he is running the door at a top London club.

The Marlis (Marlipins) is a very small traditional pub that has somewhat been ruined by the introduction of flat screen TV's advertising different drinks (you are already there to drink FFS). There is a restaurant out the book, that is days gone by had to be booked in advance, but now is usually empty. Friendly staff and a good mixed clientele.

The Sov (Sovereign) round the corner in ship street is another traditional pub but also serves great Thai food. They may have failed their health and hygiene but the Thai tastes great and I don't know anyone who got ill. Good range of sensibly priced beers and a real fire to boot in the winter.

The Schooner, by the bus stop on the high street has more of a wine bar feel. In the past it had a bad reputation and has changed its name many times (I may be wrong with its latest name). Does great Tapas.

Piston Broke. Formerly the Lazy Toad. Has real ales directly out of the cask. Used to be very busy a decade ago, but always looks quiet nowadays.

The Bridge. Best pub food (in fact pub food does not do it justice) and a good range of beers from this fullers pub. If there is a function in the side bar then places for non diners is very limited. Booking for food is essential at the weekends. Has a great patio out back over looking the river.

The Longshore (formerly the coach) is a relatively new (year old) Marstons pub. However, this is very little connection with the famous brewer. This is a pile em in, high and out quick crap foodie place. Yes you can get 2 meals for a tenner, but would you want to eat them. Boil in a bag looks attractive. Peroni is nearly £4.50 a pint. There is a nice garden area though.

The Waterside. Shoreham beaches only pub (although there is a club called the Harbour club). Very uninspiring with a mixed crowd. They advertise food, but not seem any being eaten. Has a good sized sports area with TV and shows all the football. Apart from the Buckingham, I think this is the only other pub in Shoreham with Sky

The Swiss (Swiss cottage) in my day (20 years ago) was the pub in Shoreham, Since the pub has been ruined by the introduction and of awful food. A plus is the lake and a decent sized garden for kids.

The Red Lion is a very traditional pub (watch your head) with a pub menu offered for food. Not heard any comments on food recently. Small garden and a nice spot in the sun out the front. Home of the beer festival and a great spot for the Shoreham Airshow.

The Amsterdam (opposite) is a beautiful looking pub with an oversized, underused restaurant. Again, this pub has thrived in the past, but hardly see anyone in there, or even in the car park for that matter now.

The Royal George. The sign outside used to say. You can't go wrong with a Carvery for £3.49. Actually you can!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Burrells is now a great little Italian called Brio.

The Buckingham has cheap beer and a good choice of real ales, right opposite the taxi rank, but has a strict no kids policy, even on one side of the decking out the front.

The Crab (Crabtree) is a nicely kept Fullers pub. Basic Brake brothers kind of food but sensible prices and polite staff. Nice garden out the back with kids stuff and a nice nook to the back of the main bar with a fire in the winter.

The Ferry on the corner of East Street seems fairly quiet these days. Has a bit of a old locals bar downstairs.

The Crown (Crown and Anchor) has a bit of a big pub/club mentality but is a very average Shoreham pub with an expensive restaurant combined with patrons from the more challenging corners of society, and a pool table to boot. Often open later than most at the weekend, this place even comes with a jumped up bouncer who thinks he is running the door at a top London club.

The Marlis (Marlipins) is a very small traditional pub that has somewhat been ruined by the introduction of flat screen TV's advertising different drinks (you are already there to drink FFS). There is a restaurant out the book, that is days gone by had to be booked in advance, but now is usually empty. Friendly staff and a good mixed clientele.

The Sov (Sovereign) round the corner in ship street is another traditional pub but also serves great Thai food. They may have failed their health and hygiene but the Thai tastes great and I don't know anyone who got ill. Good range of sensibly priced beers and a real fire to boot in the winter.

The Schooner, by the bus stop on the high street has more of a wine bar feel. In the past it had a bad reputation and has changed its name many times (I may be wrong with its latest name). Does great Tapas.

Piston Broke. Formerly the Lazy Toad. Has real ales directly out of the cask. Used to be very busy a decade ago, but always looks quiet nowadays.

The Bridge. Best pub food (in fact pub food does not do it justice) and a good range of beers from this fullers pub. If there is a function in the side bar then places for non diners is very limited. Booking for food is essential at the weekends. Has a great patio out back over looking the river.

The Longshore (formerly the coach) is a relatively new (year old) Marstons pub. However, this is very little connection with the famous brewer. This is a pile em in, high and out quick crap foodie place. Yes you can get 2 meals for a tenner, but would you want to eat them. Boil in a bag looks attractive. Peroni is nearly £4.50 a pint. There is a nice garden area though.

The Waterside. Shoreham beaches only pub (although there is a club called the Harbour club). Very uninspiring with a mixed crowd. They advertise food, but not seem any being eaten. Has a good sized sports area with TV and shows all the football. Apart from the Buckingham, I think this is the only other pub in Shoreham with Sky

The Swiss (Swiss cottage) in my day (20 years ago) was the pub in Shoreham, Since the pub has been ruined by the introduction and of awful food. A plus is the lake and a decent sized garden for kids.

The Red Lion is a very traditional pub (watch your head) with a pub menu offered for food. Not heard any comments on food recently. Small garden and a nice spot in the sun out the front. Home of the beer festival and a great spot for the Shoreham Airshow.

The Amsterdam (opposite) is a beautiful looking pub with an oversized, underused restaurant. Again, this pub has thrived in the past, but hardly see anyone in there, or even in the car park for that matter now.

The Royal George. The sign outside used to say. You can't go wrong with a Carvery for £3.49. Actually you can!

Thats a pretty comprehensive list :thumbsup:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
great pb crawl with no hassles,decent in the summer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here