Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan v QPR

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
So who is going to come out top in this clash of ex premiership has beens?

Who would we prefer to play or avoid if (big if, I know) we make it to Wembley?

I reckon Wigan will do it over 2 legs and will be the team to fear, given their recent Wembley experiences.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Given the quick turnaround between first and second legs, can QPR's older players of Richard Dunne, Yossi Benayoun, Joey Barton etc play two very high-tempo games in three days? I reckon Wigan might edge it but they've had a very long season - match number 61 this evening!

I've gone for a 1-1 draw (11/2) and Jordi Gomez first goal (8/1) in two separate bets tonight.

Dec 29, 2011
Would prefer QPR if we made it to the final. I don't think anyone in their squad give a shit really, most of them will be out of there at the end of their contract.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When's the second leg? Monday?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
If we win on Sunday I'd rather that we meet QPR, otherwise I'd rather that Wigan go through.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Does anyone know what time the crowd arrives?

TB

Quite! It's literally half empty.

Benayoun doesn't even make the bench! With a squad like they have, there is no excuse for not making an auto promotion spot.

Score? I don't really care, tbh, but I'll go for 1-1

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Wigan to win this 3-0 hopefully. Although there's more QPR fans there than actual Wigan fans.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Due to my dislike of 'Arry' I would love them to mess up. Although if that did happen, I suspect Mr Teflon would announce his retirement and ride off into the sunset to Sandbanks leaving QPR deep in it. (Not me Guv :shrug:)

However from an Albion point of view, Wigan have so much Wembley experience and 'big occassion' games of late, I would rather take our chances against QPR.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There seems to be a lot of empty seats. Any comments from NSCers that were extremely disappointed by our "poor" gate last night?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here