Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby penalty a dive?

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Just spoken to a neighbor who watched the game on sky, he's convinced their penalty was a dive. Not seen it myself, what do you think? ???

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
No. Stone wall penalty.

If he was any later he would have missed him

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
It was 20 yards in front of me. Nailed on.

Even my 5 year old turned to me and said quite casually "well, that's a penalty". Absolutely no doubt.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Just spoken to a neighbor who watched the game on sky, he's convinced their penalty was a dive. Not seen it myself, what do you think? ???

Absolutely not a dive. The most stonewall penalty of the night.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Your "neighbor" (sic) is a fool then. Clear cut a penalty you'd struggle to see.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How on earth can you watch it on sky with the help of slomo replays from multiple angles and THEN come to the conclusion it was a dive?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
How can literally being sliced down in the area be considered a dive? Your neighbour needs to seriously book an eye test.

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
I thought it was at the time watching in upper west but hadn't seen the sky replay.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
also the fact that no one I the North went mental at the Ref might have been a dead give away. I don't think I have seen such a clear cut penalty in a long long time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
From right in front of it in the North, thought first up the player did that thing where he trips his leg over his own other leg. Telly at half-time showed he didn't do that tho. He semi-seriously tried to run in the box through a gap between two Albion players. Gap clearly wasn't there and the player had his hand up appealing for the penalty before he even hit the deck. Fair plays, we'd have done the same.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes. It was a dive. Upson was nowhere near him. The bloke just fell over in acres of space.

Oh, hang on..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here