Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton, Malky Mckay, Steve Clarke,

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last thing we need right now is ANOTHER manager change.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Chris Hughton, no thanks.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'll stay put in the champs for another season ta - no desperate need to go up and project Oscar is exciting me. Thanks for the offer though...

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Hughton? Really?

Didn't do much with Birmingham City, did nothing in his first season at Norwich other than mid-table, arguably because Lambert set that up for him and pretty much got Norwich relegated this season despite spending a good few million.

Steve Clark's a shout if Garcia were to walk. I hope he doesn't mind you.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
As much I as like Oscar, I agree with this.

We need to play direct 4-4-2 English football with an English manager at the helm.

Quick forwards, Big powerful Centre Backs and a midfiled more reliable then a wood burning stove.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disagree with the OP.

OG has been handed a far lower budget than Poyet (hence the toys out of the pram manipulating an ending by Poyet), and was dealt:
- the likes of Andrews, Greer, Calderon - good players in their day, but unfortunately on the wane in terms of pace now
- policy of selling/not being able to secure renewed loans on: Bridge, Barnes, Bridcutt
- injury prone/unlucky Buckley, Orlandi, Bruno, CMS, Hoskins, Ulloa
- tightening of wages belt, meant no chance of acquiring quality of Vicente's ilk
- glaring lack of pace in the squad in general
- a strange squad mix of youngsters and some veterans, not many (regularly fit) and quality players at the top of their game in their mid-20's

Or taking OG out of it, I don't think those managerial names could have done much better inheriting the above.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Disagree with the OP.

OG has been handed a far lower budget than Poyet (hence the toys out of the pram manipulating an ending by Poyet), and was dealt:
- the likes of Andrews, Greer, Calderon - good players in their day, but unfortunately on the wane in terms of pace now
- policy of selling/not being able to secure renewed loans on: Bridge, Barnes, Bridcutt
- injury prone/unlucky Buckley, Orlandi, Bruno, CMS, Hoskins, Ulloa
- tightening of wages belt, meant no chance of acquiring quality of Vicente's ilk
- glaring lack of pace in the squad in general
- a strange squad mix of youngsters and some veterans, not many (regularly fit) and quality players at the top of their game in their mid-20's

Or taking OG out of it, I don't think those managerial names could have done much better inheriting the above.

Some good points there mate, but for the life of me I can't see what style of play he's trying to achieve.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here