Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chants

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
What little credibility I have for my music taste is fast going down the toilet where I work. I'm constantly accused of whistling "the theme from Heartbeat", "Depeche Mode songs", "You Are My Sunshine", "that song by The Piranhas" and other assorted naff tunes. I blame you all, plus William Buckley, Craig Mackail-Smith, Oscar Garcia, Kazenga Lualua and anyone else I can think of.

I have to admit that I cannot for the life of me think what the 'original' song is that "Who's that man from Argentina?" comes from but I get caught whistling that a lot too. Does anyone know what it is, and would you put me out of my misery by telling me?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Scotlands 1978 world cup anthem" We're on the March with Allys Army" I was living up there at the time soon became very very irritating, u til they lost to Peru and only managed a draw with Iran much more enjoyable after that

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Scotlands 1978 world cup anthem" We're on the March with Allys Army" I was living up there at the time soon became very very irritating, u til they lost to Peru and only managed a draw with Iran much more enjoyable after that

40,000 turned up at Hampden just to wave them off. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... :down:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Willie Hamilton sent home for performance enhancing drugs, you'd never believe it if you saw him play tho

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
"Who's that man from Argentina" was originally "Tramp! Tramp! Tramp! The boys are marching", or "Jesus loves the little children", depending on your background.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm really hoping it wasn't derived from "We're on the march with Ally's army, we're going to the Argentine...", because of the Willie Johnstone episode if nothing else, let alone Teofilo Cubillas or Dani Fard.
#oldba5tardwhorememberspointless5hitfromhisyouth

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My first child is due in 2 months. After recent conversations with a mate I've recently started singing to the bump. The first thing that pops into my head is "WHO'S... THAT... ManfromArgentiiiina" and I get the feeling the bump is LOVING it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What is the Orlandi song (or more recently the stand or fall for sussex by the sea song) from

It's to the tune of

CPFC
CPFC
CPFC
CPFC
CPFC

Except we've got more words to our version

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh, to the OP, it's