Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penny Pinching

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
What are the club doing with the Hat-trick tickets. Last season on the scratch card you won a sealife centre ticket, Burger, Free drink in Dicks etc. Now its 50% off. Last night I won a 50% off a hotdog which consisted of a plain roll and a Frankfurter sausage no onions and probably cost 0.50p to put together. Cost £3.90. My wife won 50% of the cost of a coffee. I would like to know how many people have stopped buying these. I have spent £2.00 a game on these tickets since the stadium opened. As we think the club are taking the mickey, we have decided enough is enough. Anyone else feel the same way or am I being a miserable *******.:)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Even before last night after 3 seasons regular purchases we decided to call it a day next year. During the time have won several prizes, Away Travel and Cineworld working well but too many 'no win' tickets now. Been 1 minute out on the goal twice but no cigar.
Went out on a high though, got a 'PROGRAMME' :clap2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Got my first win of the season last night, "Buddies"

I have no idea what this is however.

It's the title of Beach Hut and HB&B's two man comedy show. You've won a free ticket to the opening night. Second prize was two tickets.

*exits stage left chomping cigar*

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Got my first win of the season last night, "Buddies"

I have no idea what this is however.

Yes these tickets are a rip off, and I wont be buying them anymore.

Even if you do get the goal time spot on quite often the prize is £5 cash or worse £5 off in store. Just not worth it.

Oh yeah and the BUDDIES win is 20% of a meal at buddies on the seafront. Lol enjoy.......

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Welcome to Barber's world of fundraising. It's a bit like your Mars bar getting smaller over time, but the price either stays the same or goes up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was less the 20 off the half-time first prize number last night. Ooooh so close! Have also had £100 CLUB SHOP as the offered prize for first goal time once this season. Didn't win it mind, but nice to be in with the chance. Have also had PROGRAMME up as instant prize a couple of times. Three chances of winning something for a measly quid. What's not to like? :shrug:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why not give your £1 to the fat cats who get massive salaries from scratch card sales instead of helping the club out a little bit

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
Yep, I've stopped buying them too. I won quite a few times the first season getting a few pies, burgers and 2 for 1 Sealife centre vouchers. I won a couple of times at the start of last season and then won absolutely nothing for the next 20 or so games so stopped getting them about a third of the way through this season. The prizes are also now a lot worse than they were in the first season too. Either I'm really unlucky or the odds of winning are pretty low.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Won free travel a couple of times this season, free programme twice, got 1 goal time correct and a few others within 5 minutes. Also got a hot dog on there twice, once i got it for free but last night it was 50% off - it really isnt bad for £1, especially if you win something like free travel which for an away game could cost £35.

Anyone on here ever won any of the top 3 cash prizes ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hat-Tricks are a massive con, haven't bought one this season, bring back the Withdean Wager!

It's still going in 1901 for a bag of sand a game not half the dosh as it was..can see them taking 5 large easy in sales but would be 10 if they paid half...false economy

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I'm sure they would sell more if there was a big jackpot. You never know, the winner might buy 1901 tickets from themselves and friends.

Or make that the prize. A season ticket in 1901. I haven't done bad in the last couple of years with the Hatrick ticket, few small wins but also had £50 and £100 cash prizes on the correct time of the first goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's been hard to get motivated to buy another one, after this little beauty earlier in the season:-

hatrick ticket 005.jpg

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Won free travel a couple of times this season, free programme twice, got 1 goal time correct and a few others within 5 minutes. Also got a hot dog on there twice, once i got it for free but last night it was 50% off - it really isnt bad for £1, especially if you win something like free travel which for an away game could cost £35.

Anyone on here ever won any of the top 3 cash prizes ?

Last season against Palace (3-0) got the first prize of £600 .... spent most of it on renewing my season ticket the following day.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Last season against Palace (3-0) got the first prize of £600 .... spent most of it on cheap hookers, hard drink and soft drugs the following day. The rest of it, I just squandered.

Corrected for you, Mr Slayer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here