Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No 2nd tier team has reached the final after home 1st leg loss

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Strangely i like that. Stats are there to be broken and this one is long overdue.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Strangely i like that. Stats are there to be broken and this one is long overdue.

Yeah, this. I see this to mean that it's more likely we'll win rather than less likely.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hard to believe isn't it. Although I think two teams took it to penalties before losing.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Brighton and Hove Albion were the first team on earth to score a competitive goal in the new millennium.

We like being the first to do things.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Brighton and Hove Albion were the first team on earth to score a competitive goal in the new millennium.

We like being the first to do things.

That's...actually pretty cool. Did not know that, we should have a banner at the Amex proclaiming that.

I jest.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Darren Freeman. We were lucky in that we had the early kick-off though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How many have lost the 1st leg then??? 24 years x 2 games...

Watford lost the first leg at Leicester last year but reached the final.

Nothing to be scared of. In some respects it gives Derby that slight dilemma, whether to hold or go for it. Much as any team tries to play a normal game with a 1-0 head start, it always seems to play with their heads somehow.

Look at us in that game against Swindon in 2004. We were dire that night, and lost the game. Fortunately Virgo spared us....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Watford lost the first leg at Leicester last year but reached the final.

Nothing to be scared of. In some respects it gives Derby that slight dilemma, whether to hold or go for it. Much as any team tries to play a normal game with a 1-0 head start, it always seems to play with their heads somehow.

Look at us in that game against Swindon in 2004. We were dire that night, and lost the game. Fortunately Virgo spared us....

We won the first leg. We then equalised in extra time at home.

Watford did come back from a first leg defeat but that was an away game. It's a very negative stat from the Argus, highlighting the fact that we have a mountain to climb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here